If NULL is equal to 0
Reading time: 4 min
The question about the result of “zero to the power of zero” () cannot be answered unequivocally.
Here are some considerations about this issue:
because for every number the following applies: (see also the principle of permanence)
because for zero to the power of a number, the result is zero:
Not defined, because both variants 1 and 2 create a contradiction, i.e. there is no uniqueness, which is problematic in mathematics. Incidentally, this will also be the reason why many pocket calculators input or output at.
The answer is often found:
Use what makes sense for the math problem at hand.
It is often useful to use.
There is a variety of literature on this and, as I said, one encounters different approaches. In computer science, for example, prevailed. For fun you can test it yourself and enter 0 ^ 0 in Google.
If we write and use the power law, the result is:
It must therefore apply:
So the question arises, which number multiplied by itself results in itself? Here we can think of two numbers for which this is possible:
Solved in general:
So we see that there are two solutions with and.
Basically, however, is preferable. If we chose, new problems would arise in higher mathematics.
Approach via limit values
The consequence has the limit, there
The consequence has the limit value.
The sequence also has the limit value for each zero sequence.
The foregoing is not proof of the correctness of the definition, but shows essential cases for which applies.
goes against, even though and each time against.
Wolframalpha defines zero to the power of zero as "undefined".
- What are some societal problems in nursing
- Is Marathahalli good for the family
- Who regulates data protection on the Internet
- Asexuality is accepted in modern societies
- Which pump lifts 6 M.
- Can intelligent plugs damage the electronics?
- What are the cons of LBC
- Is keeping me grammatically correct at work
- Traditional publishers are still paying advances
- How do different paradigms define power
- What is the INTJ Ni
- Can I do MCA in Artificial Intelligence?
- What is an advertising agency
- Which company paints outhouse best
- What is an alto saxophone
- How important are good universities for countries
- Are 3D-printed prostheses still available in stores?
- How did Lewis Hamilton die
- Have banner ads a search function
- Is Amit Shah the Shakuni from BJP
- How are you jailbreaking
- You can sell underwear on eBay
- What is a linear and quadratic equation
- What does this dream mean 11