Published Google Finance Commodity Prices
Why do some services list an IPO date that is way behind the historical price data you can find elsewhere?
The Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company was founded in 1902 as a privately held company. It first raised public funds around 1903 but had a limited shareholder base. Around 1929 it was reported to be tradable as an OTC stock (over the counter), but it is likely that stocks were trading long before that. On January 14, 1946, the stock was listed on the NYSE. On September 26, 1962, it became part of the S&P 500 index. On August 9, 1976, it became part of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. In 2002 the company name was changed to 3M Co.
It appears that Crunchbase's "IPO Date" data is incorrect in this case.
However, there are several companies that appear to be "going public" and have trading prices beforehand. This is typical of early stage biotech companies trading OTC prior to a major public listing and "IPO".
An example of an initial public offering after a company goes public is NASDAQ: IMRN (Immuron). They had an "IPO" on the Nasdaq on June 9, 2017, but were already trading as OTC / Pink Sheet shares months ago. They have also been listed in Australia since April 30, 1999. Http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/activity.aspx?tab=pricings&month=2017-06
Another example is NASDAQ: GNTY (Guarantee Banchshares Inc), which had an "IPO" and a NASDAQ listing in May 2017. This was a Nasdaq share in 1998 and went to the OTC / Pink Sheet share in 2005. Since then, she has been paying dividends on a regular basis. The word "initial" is clearly subjective! http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/activity.aspx?tab=pricings&month=2017-05
- What are the smartest shortcuts in life
- How do I get Linux on Windows
- Why India is leaderless
- Why do teenagers lose hair
- How can I open an Islamic banking business
- What are intuitive explanations for determinants
- How can Microsoft help in the Internet of Things
- Why not men who respect women
- You can consume alcohol while taking fluoxetine
- Should we legalize gay marriage
- How do I get to Gangtok from Kathmandu
- When did architects start using computers?
- College is an asset
- What is the best hotel in Phoenix
- What is corrosion in everyday life
- Why are all Jews rich?
- How can I create an anagram 1
- What is the difference between tapping and typing
- What does it mean for you to digest life
- What is ground penetrating radar GPR 1
- Why can dogs be dangerous
- Is Eminem too old
- What music inspires you in life
- Why are landlords taxed on uninhabited properties