In which aisle is corn starch located?
Sweetening power through starch
Despite all the diversity, the following applies to all organic sweeteners: The ingredients used always come from organic farming. Which additives and processing aids are also permitted are regulated in detail by the EU legal provisions for organic farming and, in some cases, by the guidelines of the organic farming associations. If enzymes are added to get the fermentation going, they must always be GMO-free. Cultures of microorganisms are not involved here.
Starch hydrolysis using hydrochloric or sulfuric acid, a practice permitted in the conventional food industry, is also not permitted. The manufacturers attach great importance to careful processing. This does not result in highly purified products such as the refined glucose syrup that is often used to sweeten conventional convenience products and drinks. The result is rather sweeteners with a characteristic taste of their own: "This is how you can clearly taste the spelled or oats in spelled or oat syrup," says Karin Lang.
Natural sweetness from Asia
The rice syrup, which is known in Asia, is also making a career for us as an alternative sweetener. Rice flour in organic quality is used as raw material. Enzymes are added to the rice flour heated with water to break down the rice starch. The resulting liquid is thickened into syrup. The rice syrup contains multiple sugars, maltose and glucose.
"Unlike conventional table sugar, rice syrup naturally contains almost no fructose and sucrose, which is 50 percent fructose. This is why our rice syrup is generally well tolerated by those with fructose intolerance," explains Jennifer Salvo from Frusano GmbH, referring to specializes in low-fructose products.
- What is a spine mattress
- What does an impoverished income look like
- What are spherical light reflectors
- How to say peace in Korean
- How often do wild parrots eat
- Where is West Africa
- Why Smoking Cigarettes Reduces Stress
- How does umami smell
- What is corner case test
- Eating dogs cake
- Why am I not sad anymore 1
- How is Georgia Tech Shenzhen
- What is infected
- Was honorable to Jon Snow
- JIRA is a BPM tool
- Which artist sang the song Borderline?
- Who is the Most Unlikely Bollywood Star
- Can anyone read this caption
- What is spicy essential oil used for?
- Are there any good libraries in Jaipur?
- How does a whale sleep
- How do ENT patients feel about other types
- Endoscopy can damage a lower esophageal sphincter