How big is Kenya
independent since 1963
geographyKenya is a country on the East African coast of the Indian Ocean. The land has a total area of 580,370 km² and a total coastline of 536 km. This land mass is roughly 1.6 times the size of Germany. This makes Kenya the 23rd largest country in Africa and 48th worldwide. It is located at an average height of 762 meters above sea level.
The country has around 40 islands. There are direct national borders with the 5 neighboring countries Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. The distance between Berlin and the capital Nairobi is approximately 6,380 km.
The countrywide time in Kenya is Eastern Africa Time (EAT). Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 2 hours in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 1 hour.
1 schilling is divided into 100 cents.
Status: May 22, 2021
1 euro = 131.81 shillings
1000 shillings = 7.59 euros
The climate in KenyaIn Kenya, as in all equatorial countries, there is a tropical climate. There is no difference between the seasons as there is in Central Europe. The length of the day hardly fluctuates and the temperature differences between summer and winter are also smaller. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 27 and 31 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 38 degrees during the day. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops to up to 17 ° C in the monthly average.
Average day and night temperatures
According to the definition of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Kenya is one of the developing countries due to its economic performance.
|1% urban areas:||4,188 km²|
|49% agriculture:||281,770 km²|
|8% forests:||44,979 km²|
|0% water surface:||11,230 km²|
|43% other areas:||249,434 km²|
|Road network:||177,800 km|
|Rail network:||3,819 km|
The main cities
|city||Part of the country||Residents|
|Nairobi / capital||Nairobi Area||4.397.000|
|Homa Bay||Homa Bay||40.000|
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||exposed for over 10 years|
Existing trade agreements
- What are the biggest Salesforce implementation risks
- What makes someone gay
- How old is this company
- So depressed and hopeless about what to do
- What does S A E.
- Time can heal psychological wounds
- Is aluminum metal
- How much does the Vonage business cost
- What are the best David Bowies music videos
- Raccoons are a type of dog
- What are the best boolybood movies
- Who were Japan's allies in World War II
- How does a firewall work in a network
- What are the best restaurants in Agra
- Chromium is slower than Google Chrome
- What tools do you use with SpriteKit
- How do you get a safe phone
- Why do students need to know algebra
- What does God want me to do
- Satan was an angel to God
- Pistachio shells are poisonous to ingest
- How does world trade benefit Americans
- How do the dead communicate with us
- Why is blockchain such a big deal