Indians personally avoid buying Chinese products
What and how the Chinese like to buy - here and elsewhere
Know your customers - this motto is timeless and also applies in digital commerce and across national borders. Those who know what Chinese consumers like and how they shop are taking advantage of their advantages. Regardless of whether it is sold on a marketplace or to Chinese tourists in this country.Share this article Chinese consumers like to buy goods from western countries, especially from Germany. The power of attraction even everyday goods can develop was shown not least by the booming business of windeln.de. Attentive customers of drugstore chains will undoubtedly remember cardboard signs in one or the other branch, on which the honored customers were advised that until further notice only a maximum of two products from the baby food segment are allowed to be taken. Milk powder suddenly became a valuable commodity, because word quickly got around that Alete, Hipp & Co had a particularly good reputation in China. However, the consumption behavior of Chinese consumers is of course also subject to change. What advice and advice was correct three or four years ago no longer has to be.
Don't forget your social backgroundThe success stories of companies like Alibaba, Tencent or companies like Xiaomi should not hide the fact that China still sees itself as a communist state. The party in the background has a firm grip on social life. The Chinese school system demands and encourages top performance - and adapted students. Pragmatism, compromise, and adaptation determine everyday life in business and society.
Consumption also means an opportunity to choose and to develop freely. When positioning brands and products, it is important not to forget the social influences. It is doubtful that products that sell well with consumers with attributes such as rebellion or particularly pronounced individuality are important properties for adaptability.
Those who can afford to buy western products are happy to show that too. However, consumer goods from the west are not a sure-fire success either. Because goods produced in China have long ceased to be the junk that many consumers in Europe associate with them. The growing market shares of smartphones from China both in the west and in the country show this.
Chinese consumer trendsIn the past two years, some trends have manifested themselves in China, about which studies by McKinsey and Credit Suisse have reported in reports.
- Increased brand loyalty: The Chinese are increasingly focusing on a few leading brands. So it will be more difficult for newcomers to cut the famous piece of the cake. Brands need a good story and should try to create a personal connection with consumers and their everyday lives.
- Convenience on the advance: As the "China Shopper Report 2017" from Bain & Company has determined, the convenience factor now also plays a stronger role in the lives of Chinese consumers. Out-of-home consumption is growing disproportionately. Instead of cooking and eating at home, more and more Chinese are going out or using delivery services, which has a direct impact on FMCG providers.
- Chinese brands are gaining in importance. Confidence in products that were manufactured in their own country is growing significantly.
- A healthier lifestyle is booming: It is probably not just a few food scandals that mean that consumers are now more concerned about healthy eating and healthy lifestyles. Food identified as "unhealthy" will therefore have a much harder time. And if you believe the studies, this is not a trend that only applies to young target groups. In surveys, a growing number of older consumers indicate that they want to do more sport.
- Sport is growing in popularity: As the shift towards a healthier lifestyle goes hand in hand, there is a growing interest in sport and being active. The Chinese government itself is focusing its economic development on the domestic sporting goods industry.
- When in doubt, premium: Given the choice, consumers who can afford it turn to luxury and premium products. Whether for cars, jewelry or lifestyle products such as fashion or sporting goods, surveys clearly show that consumers prefer to invest in high-quality goods. Products with a corresponding image therefore have a good chance. Interestingly, smartphones are an exception here. The market for these devices is almost saturated and the majority of consumers have clear ideas about how much such a device can cost. This also explains the high proportion of Android devices in the Chinese market.
- International travel is booming: The continuing trend towards foreign travel can be explained without much effort from the history of the country. The Chinese still like to travel abroad. And so the numbers of Chinese tourists are not only growing in Germany. Interestingly, when choosing a destination, the available shopping facilities also play a role in a not exactly small proportion.
In summary, brands and retailers have good chances on the Chinese market, which on the one hand can keep quality promises, offer premium items and also take up the trend towards convenience in their service offerings. This includes, for example, fast response and delivery times as well as convenient delivery.
WeChat and social mediaConsumers exchange ideas before and after buying a product. And that with the help of the universal messenger WeChat. Before buying a product, the purchase of a product is weighed up. And after the purchase, unfulfilled brand and quality promises spread like wildfire thanks to digital networking.
Traders can now also experience the shitstorm known from the western world in China. What the household appliance manufacturer BSH had to experience in 2012 is already legendary. Here a consumer felt challenged by a refrigerator door that was not closing properly. The storm that was sparked on social media ultimately even led to a public apology from the head of BSH-China.
Family is important to the Chinese. Given the choice between wealth and a happy and healthy family, the majority opts for the family. The sense of community is therefore important. That is why shopping together is of great importance as an opportunity to enjoy free time together. This can also be done purely online, something with WeChat.
The messenger in China, which is so much more than just an analogy to our WhatsApp. This allows you to keep in touch, discuss products and their purchase before buying, send money, pay and of course inform friends and family about a purchase. And whoever goes out can even use WeChat to distribute the open bill fairly among all guests.
Success with consumers also comes from the mobile Internet - here, Chinese customers are no different from the rest of the world. MORE ON THE SUBJECT
This is how retailers master the opportunities of global e-commerce
Online trading knows no borders. Abroad in particular there are a number of attractive markets that offer traders from Germany many opportunities. But where is the best place to start? We offer an initial guide. Read more
Avoid making mistakes in international trade
It is best for retailers to pursue the internationalization of their business carefully and gradually. Exact calculation is just as necessary as paying attention to customer feedback. And so that things don't turn out to be a flop from the start, there are a few special features to consider. Read more
Dealers need to know this before entering China
To really gain a foothold in the world's strongest retail market sounds more than tempting. However, there are some questions to be solved so that the excursion is also successful. Read more
In this edition
Courage to start again
How to get your business going again
With the right influencers for more sales
Secondhand gains market share
- Do nose jobs hurt
- What's your favorite city in Massachusetts
- Why can't we end poverty?
- How do railway crossings work
- How does fish-eye ball taste
- Why is Zeus so powerful
- Jungle Scouts Keyword Tools is reliable
- What are some free relationship counseling apps
- What income is considered bad in Seattle?
- Why not cars made of aluminum
- Mechanical engineering is an evergreen industry
- Why do people think promiscuity is unethical
- How do I share Facebook videos
- There are many conservatives who oppose Brexit
- How do bridges have tension?
- Are home batteries harmful to the environment
- What is MIUI 9 5
- Banks make counterfeit money
- How was Acadia National Park founded
- What's the Easiest Way to Learn Photoshop
- What fruits are dried plums from
- Why are you using Pandora
- How smart is the smartphone
- Do physicists believe in flat earth theory
- There is a lack of documentaries in Indian cinema
- What are the disadvantages of Finvasia
- What is your favorite loyalty program and why
- Can opera singers like Adele sing
- What Kraetze kills immediately
- What is the origin of the forces
- What is the pipeline in DevOps
- How unhealthy is fried potato
- Who is convincing Naruto or Luffy
- CE self-certification will be possible