Is there an advanced course for Git
Seminar descriptionWith the practical application of a distributed version management system like git, it quickly becomes clear that not only the available commands and functions are new. This break with traditional concepts opens up new approaches, especially in the areas of workflows and best practices.
The seminar gives an introduction and introduces the participants to the typical Git working methods. It will also show how your own workflows can be freely defined with Git, which best practices have proven themselves in the enterprise environment and how the existing working methods can be transferred to Git in a meaningful way.
Introduction to versioning with Git
- Origin of Git in the context of Linux kernel development
- Basic terms: repository, commit, tag, branch and merge
- Importance of release management
- Comparison with a central approach using the example of Subversion
Versioning files with Git
- Creation of a repository (Init)
- Basic version control workflow (add, commit)
- Investigate changes (log)
- Creation of development branches (branches, merge) and versions (tags)
- Communication between repositories (clone, fetch, pull, push)
- Implementation of a central repository (bare repository)
- Extended Git functions (Rebase, Cherry-Pick, Stash, Reflog, Diff)
- Modify / undo changes (Amend Commit, Revert)
- Resetting the workspace and development branches (reset)
- Recurring schemes of various Git commands (Refspecs, version ranges, ...)
Concepts and tooling
- Git and CVS / Subversion
- Overview of common graphical clients (Git GUI, Atlassian SourceTree, Eclipse EGit, TortoiseGit)
- Repository hosting options (GitHub, Bitbucket, Atlassian Bitbucket, Gitblit, Gitolite, ...)
- Server access via http / https / SSH
Best practices and terminology
- Separation of concerns
- Commit early & commit often
- Topic branches
- Merge vs. Rebase
- Up vs down merge
- Fork vs Branch
- Pull requests and their management (keyword gatekeeper)
- Integrate code reviews into the workflow
Gitflow as a branching and workflow concept
- Tasks of development branches (branching model)
- Procedure and workflow for implementing changes
- Tool support (e.g. in SourceTree)
Extended concepts and optimizations
- Nesting Repositories (Submodules)
- Structuring of repositories and their optimization
- Shallow clones
- Sparse checkouts
- Git Repository Internals
- Merge strategies
Developers who want to use the advantages of distributed version management in everyday project work.
Requirement for seminar participation
PC basic knowledge. Experience with other tools for version management such as version management with SVN or CVS is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
2 days, 1st day 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (online training: 9:00 a.m.), next day (s) 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Number of participants
min. 3, max. 8 people
Advantages of participating in a seminar
- Ensure the success of your software projects by using the distributed SCM system Git
- The training conveys the typical Git workflows with the help of many exercises and examples
- Learn how to use typical workflows in the context of a distributed version management
- Our course documents are always up to date
Dates for seminar: Version management with Git
|Seminar date||Duration||place||price||Seminar registration|
|06.09. - 07.09.2021||2||Mannheim or online||LT: EUR 1,290||On-line|
Price per person plus VAT, including documents, certificate, daily catering, drinks, fruit and snacks.
We can also offer all of our seminars to be carried out in-house. The contents of all of our seminars can be combined into a seminar of your choice for your individual training.
- Is happiness a placebo
- What's your rating of Chetu Inc.
- Could someone solve this problem
- When is track season in high school
- What is Jon Stewart's fortune
- What is query management
- How does diabetes affect families
- Which Batman movie is the worst
- How did Stripe overtake Braintree in popularity
- How does a mushroom get a meal
- UproFX is a legitimate forex trader
- Which states prohibit copying of marriage certificates?
- Are men regarded as the standard in society
- What is the function of MySQL
- Why does the sea temperature change
- What is a smorgasbord approach
- What is 802 11 exactly
- Could you overcome the fear of the stage
- Which countries do not recognize patents?
- What do you mean by credit check
- What is the smallest perfect number
- What is mineral apatite
- What kind of newspaper do you read?
- Why do people have different blood types