How hectic Carnegie Mellon is
In Thomas More's ideal state of Utopia, playing chess is forbidden because it spoils morality. But since we (still) live far from the land of the blessed, one can indulge in this vice to an unprecedented extent in the age of the Internet.
One of the largest online chess cafés, open at any time of the day or night, is the Internet Chess Club (ICC), founded in 1992 (!) By Danny Sleator, computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh. The club has around 10,000 members, including grandmasters. You can play blitz games in which each side only has five minutes to think, there are tournaments, there are chess lessons or live reports from major tournaments. The game is played with its own free software, independent of a browser.
If the hustle and bustle in the ICC is too hectic for you, you can look around in the deliberate world of correspondence chess, where, for example, you play games in which a carefully considered move is due every two weeks. ChessWorld.net, for example, is an offshoot of the renowned British Barnet Chess Club. A special offer are consulting games in which a group of amateurs climbs into the ring against international greats, currently against Anton Thaler, grandmaster from Switzerland.
Be that as it may: The web of networks offers numerous possibilities to delay the improvement of humanity a little with regard to Utopia.
- How can I grow moss decoratively
- What certifications do you need for cybersecurity
- What does Lady of the Night mean
- What screams I'm upper class in Indonesia
- What does God's plan of salvation suggest?
- What are the functions of business plans
- How does the Spotify Web Player work
- Which operating system is good for mining
- Are home batteries harmful to the environment
- What's next after hip hop
- What is your favorite Ali G.
- Can people get bird leuids
- There is often advice within the advice
- Is Cheaphosting pk a trustworthy hosting provider
- What hemorrhoids cause constipation
- Why is my 8-week baby teething
- What fruits are dried plums from
- How do I get atheists to worship me
- What do composers think of soundtracks?
- What do people think of karma 1
- Can an atheist make a wish?
- Where was Isle of Dogs filmed
- What are the best impressionist pieces
- Have the Taliban really been removed from power?