What is a DCT dual clutch transmission
10 years of Honda DCT: Clutch freedom celebrates anniversary
The Honda double clutch transmission DCT - stands for Dual Clutch Transmission - is still unique in the world of motorized two-wheelers. DCT came onto the European market for the first time with the Honda VFR 1200 F, which was introduced in 2010. Other models followed later that carried the DCT as standard or as an option. These include, for example, the Africa Twin, the Crosstourer, the NC models 750 X and 750 S, the Integra large scooter, the X-ADV adventure scooter, the exotic NM4 Vultus or the CTX 700 and the new Gold Wing. The latter even carries a DCT with seven gears. To date, the Japanese have sold over 140,000 DCT motorcycles in Europe.
This is how DCT works
With the DCT dual clutch transmission, the driver is free to choose the gear himself at the push of a button or to have it shifted using the electronic transmission control. The shifting maneuvers take place without interruption of the tractive effort and without having to pull a clutch. The technology behind it: two clutches, one for the odd gears 1, 3 and 5 and one for the even 2, 4 and 6, work together within fractions of a second when shifting. They ensure a faster and smoother change of gears.
In the electronically controlled AT mode, the dual clutch transmission changes gears automatically. The coordination of the control electronics can be preselected in various stages at the push of a button. The intelligent software even detects inclines and declines. In manual mode (MT), the brain and thumb take control, the gears are shifted with the left hand using pushbuttons on the handlebar. Honda is currently paying for the DCT comfort, if it is offered for a model, with surcharges of around 1,000 to 1,100 euros.
Over the course of his career, DCT has continued to improve. The latest features include hill start assist, walking mode and automatic start / stop in the Gold Wing.
For many motorcyclists, mechanical shifting is simply part of the driving experience. But if this is annoying, Honda will spoil you with the DCT gearbox. This creates a quasi automatic feeling.
- What is the worst part of American politics
- Is Snoke Palpatine's father
- What is a pop radar detector
- How do analog thermometers work
- What is the significance of the closure
- What is detoxification in body biochemistry
- Becomes Quora a Successful Dating Site
- What is the neurology behind paralyzing analysis
- Do we really NEED Business English
- What makes a software developer successful
- What do you think of Adobe Gemini
- Is DNA methylation a mutation?
- Has someone deleted Google Hangouts?
- Does Epstein's little black book really exist?
- Is Shuckle really the strongest Pokemon
- How long is ceviche good
- What is a galley on a train?
- Why do people think Hyderabad sucks?
- Cell phones can cause problems in the pump
- How often do earthquakes happen in Washington
- What makes a good stock good
- What is DMIT software
- Organic washing powder can cause skin problems
- What is memo and demo
- Why do I get unnecessary advertising
- What if we catapulted into area 51?
- What if my Android device was hacked
- How do you replicate data between servers
- How do I install XGBoost in Python
- Is where am I grammatically correct
- What is the value of 11 100
- What exactly is paint fisheye remover
- What did Reaganomics do