Why does Keith Richards look so old
Keith Richards turns 70 : A horny, broken and unbelievable life
The message went around the world and raised many questions. Because Keith Richards fell off the ladder in his Connecticut home library in 1998, the Rolling Stones' Bridges to Babylon tour had to be postponed. What was Keith Richards looking for? A hidden bottle of bourbon? Or was that just supposed to be an excuse?
In fact, there is a lot of truth in this story. First, a rock star lives dangerously, especially if his name is Keith Richards. Second: A real English superstar is domiciled in America. Third: The Rolling Stones have been making big money with live performances for many years. Finally, Keith Richards loves books, he's a bibliomaniac. As evidenced by this other announcement that made the big round six months ago, Keith Richards allegedly owes the Dartford, Kent Public Library £ 20,000 fines for books he borrowed 50 years ago.
Conflicts with the police and drug laws in this or that country run through his career. While Mick Jagger has been doing bio and fitness for years, Keith Richards has always maintained his image as a libertine. In “Life”, his autobiography, which he wrote with journalist James Fox, he talks in detail about his experiences with heroin and all that stuff. The book, published in 2010 and with 700 pages, was a pleasant surprise. Keith, the cool pig, looks at his horny, broken, unbelievable life without flirtatiousness: "I moved in the top circles, and yet I was very far down." Again and again problems with Jagger's super ego. But the Stones persevered. Even if they are no longer a band hanging out together like they were in the sixties, rather a company whose front men meet occasionally to record an album and go on tour.
If stone is the original material of rock, Keith Richards is the chisel
They are the very last from the time the British wave hit the globe. No more Beatles, no Led Zeppelin either. The Rolling Stones now have World Heritage status like the boulders of Stonehenge, and it's thanks to Keith Richards that history lasted. In the end it is the resting stone, the rock in the surf. This can be seen very nicely in Martin Scorsese's concert film “Shine a Light” (2008) - how Jagger stalks and runs and jumps and shows off. And how Richards stands steadfast, with his guitar and the eternal cigarette.
Nobody else plays such intros and riffs: “Start Me Up”, “Brown Sugar”, “Honky Tonk Women”. If stone is the basic material of rock music, Keith Richards is the chisel. He will be 70 years old today, Wednesday, and that really is a date after all the tours and parties and records and accidents and crashes and summit climbs. It looks wrinkled like a lizard. He must have a guardian angel. Or the gods had already eaten their fill of Janis and Jimi and Brian Jones, Rolling Stone, who died early.
Keith Richards was born in 1943 in Dartford on the Thames, during an attack by the German Air Force. His earliest memories revolve around ruined streets in London. He writes: “As an only child you are forced to invent your own world.” The father is a printer, the mother works in the office. Keith got a guitar for the first time when he was nine or ten years old, and he was enthusiastic about the instruments in Walt Disney's film The Sorcerer's Apprentice. His first record is from Little Richard. Then it's off to art college. In 1961 he met Mick, and things started rolling.
- How would you proceed to disrupt Facebook
- Black holes are science or science fiction
- You can download Microsoft Word separately
- How many quakes are there in Alaska
- We rethink things too often
- Are there Muslim scientists in India
- Does guacamole originate in Mexico
- What is persistent load
- Should older people do sports
- Is it worth paying for branded clothing
- What chords particularly like when recording their seventh
- How can I add a Facebook marketplace
- What is the best drum machine software
- Will the plasma donation affect my training?
- How can I learn Java Concurrency Programming
- Truck drivers are a culture
- What is important in managing a launch
- How many websites can a person own
- How would you describe architecture
- People are boycotting PayPal over Trump
- Who trains to control emotions
- What is forklift equipment
- Is hypnosis possible through Tratak
- A right wing player is always a conservative