Which is nutritious yogurt or kefir
Kefir is a healthy digestive superfood
This means that these contain healthy mirobes that can fight infection, maintain a healthy digestive system, keep the body away from disease, reduce the risk of gastroenteritis and some types of cancer (including colon cancer) and cardiovascular disease.
Yogurt as a superfood can also lower the risk of allergies, raise antibody levels and strengthen the immune system.
Yogurt is practically made from bacteria that are in fresh milk, thicken it and act as a preservative in it. These bacteria vary, and so do the types of yogurt they make. You can make your own yogurt at home by combining milk with bacteria in a starter culture.
Water kefir, also known as Japanese crystals, are small, clear, gel-like balls derived from the prickly pear. The so-called "grains" are yeast colonies and bacteria that look like quark and which are strained after fermentation. Then you start with the next game. The grains grow and multiply in number over time. You can either throw the excess in the compost or pass it on to your friends. Either way, you don't necessarily have to eat yogurt to get all of the healthy dietary benefits of kefir. Find out how there are other ways to make and enjoy your kefir in this recipe from Stacey on Goodnessis.com.
Water kefir grains go through one or, for a more flavorful drink, two fermentation phases. The first phase lasts 48 hours and then the grains are strained - what remains is an average fermented water. This creates bubbles and the kefir grains transform the added sugar into good and healthy bacteria. For an even tastier and more fermented drink, add your favorite fruit and let it ferment for another 12-24 hours. As soon as the flavors have been added, a fruity, bubbling, deliciously fermented water is created, full of probiotic “gut healing agents” and good bacteria for nutrition.
During spring / summer you can refine your drink with fresh strawberries, raspberries, rhubarb or peaches. Plums, pears, apples or grapes are suitable for this during autumn or winter. The preparation for this is easy and fun!
There are two important thingsTo Consider Before You Begin:
- The basic ratio of sugar to water to the kefir grains and starters is important. See below.
- Bowls, bottles and all other utensils must be sterilized with hot water and very important: Do not bring the kefir grains into contact with any kind of metal - metal will damage the grains! Always use plastic or glass for spoons, strainers, and bowls.
Water-kefir-raspberry-lemonade- a simple & refreshing, probiotic soda water
for 4 cups
- 1 liter jar / bowl
- Cheesecloth / thin tea towel & elastic band
- Plastic / wooden spoon
- 1 plastic sieve
- 1 liter jar with lid
Ingredients for the first fermentation:
- 1 liter / 4 cups of filtered water
- ⅓ cup / 55g organic raw cane sugar
- ¼ lemon, squeeze out lightly, then add
- 1 - 2 (25g) dried figs / plums / sultanas / dates
- 3 tbsp active kefir grains (I bought mine here)
Ingredients for the aroma / second fermentation:
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
Preparation of the first fermentation:
4 cups of filtered water are filled into the vessel. Then add the sugar & lemon (the lemon is used to acidify your culture & to enhance the taste) and stir with the help of a wooden or plastic spatula until the sugar has almost completely dissolved. Add the kefir grains and the dried fruits (the dried fruits donate nitrogen for growth), stir a little and cover with a thin cloth or cheesecloth and seal with a rubber band. (You want the kefir grains to breathe and the carbon dioxide to come out.
Leave the kefir grains on your counter for 48 hours / 2 days - this could take longer in winter than in summer. After 48 hours your kefir will be lightly fermented and can be sealed, frozen and drunk as it is. For a tastier drink, ferment a second time - see below.
Wash the whole raspberries and place them in a clean, sterilized 1 liter jar, strain off the kefir grains and remove the lemon & the dried fruit (the dried fruit can be used two more times for the next batch). Fill the jar with a distance of 2.5 cm from the top. Then cover with a plastic / glass lid and let ferment outside for another 12-24 hours. Your kefir will start to simmer; when this happens, it's time to put it in the refrigerator. As soon as the simmering returns, the kefir is ready to serve. Open the whole thing carefully over the sink as the liquid is under pressure and if you unseal the jar the water could hiss and foam. Strain the fruit and pour the drink into glasses and garnish with fresh mint. When serving, I like to add frozen raspberries (or any other type of fruit of your choice) to each glass.
The kefir grains that you strained earlier will now be washed with water so that you can use them again. Or you can store them for the time being in a small container in the refrigerator, covered with water and add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. Once these have cooled down, you should "feed" them Sugar & Water at least once a week to keep them healthy and alive. You are actually happiest at making water kefir. In the warmer months I make 1-2 jars a week and in the cold season I let them rest.
- Is played with Gautam Gambhir Politics
- Which political argument irritates you the most?
- Reykjavik is the capital of whichever country
- Symmetrical faces are always more attractive
- When will cryptocurrencies overtake gold?
- What do practicing Muslims do on EID
- All Dicots produce flowers
- What are consonant clusters
- How to analyze human psychology
- What things are good for Indian democracy
- Is NaCl soluble in CCl4
- What is the preparation fee
- It's easier to pull
- Why can't animals rely on reason?
- What is slicing vegetables
- What is a master class
- Is rapeseed the best days behind it
- Why do Las Vegas Pools close
- What is a platform engineer
- Has anti-Semitism affected you personally?
- When will Java 9 be released?
- Why do circles maximize the area
- Is that part of the paragraph correct?
- How does meditation affect sleep?
- Will the plasma donation affect my training?
- How is traffic created on the autobahn
- Why do brakes squeal sometimes?
- What happens if the drought persists
- What gives the eyes their color
- What is the definition of iodimetric
- What is the tread pattern of tires
- Will the Turpin children recover
- What are furan pyrrole and thiophene