Does COEP have a gym
Dear Phil Geld: Can I cancel my fitness subscription early?
Sandra (24) has taken out a fitness subscription. Can she withdraw from the contract early for health reasons?
I took out a one-year fitness subscription with monthly installments in June last year. I have suffered from an inflamed sciatic nerve for a month. After consulting my family doctor, I will now regularly attend physiotherapy and special medical training therapy. Shortly afterwards I went to the fitness center with the doctor's certificate and described my situation. Unfortunately, I did not find any understanding. I was informed that despite a doctor's certificate I could not withdraw from the contract early. Is that correct?
With a fitness contract, there is no mandatory, unconditional and unconditional right of termination. Art. 404 OR is not applicable: In principle, the customer bears the cost risk. If he cannot claim a benefit due to illness, there is basically no right to a refund of the money. For example, someone who has bought a cinema ticket and is bedridden with the flu cannot claim a refund.
However, termination for an important reason is not excluded from the outset in the case of long-term debt contracts. According to the prevailing doctrine and practice, long-term obligations - including the fitness contract - are extraordinarily terminable in the event of unreasonable and unpredictable circumstances. In principle, the right to terminate for an important reason cannot be restricted, not even through an individually concluded contract. A termination must not be made more difficult by excessive fees or obstacles regulated in the terms and conditions. An important reason therefore always entitles you as a customer to extraordinary and immediate termination of the fitness contract, unless the reason was self-inflicted or foreseeable.
The most important reasons in practice for an extraordinary termination are prolonged illness, moving out of the catchment area of the fitness center or pregnancy. If you, as a customer, can no longer use the fitness studio's offer due to illness or injury, this entitles you to terminate for an important reason.
For the termination it is not necessary that the illness or the injury makes it completely impossible to use the fitness studio. If a substantial part of the range of services can no longer be used, you are entitled to cancel.
In your case, early termination should be possible, as you have only been plagued by pain for a month and the important reason that entitles you to extraordinary termination only occurred after the fitness subscription was concluded.
EMAIL: [email protected]
Your question to Phil Geld
You too can use our advice service on everything to do with money: Phil Geld answers questions on the topics of consumption, work, living, insurance and financial investments. Also let us know about grievances and tell us what is particularly annoying to you. You can send your question to [email protected] or
this form use (see also button at the top right). The age information helps us to relate the tips even more specifically to your situation. We publish interesting inquiries and the corresponding answers under a changed first name in this section. We ask for your understanding that not every question can be answered.
- What does Yavsak mean in the Turkish language
- Does BPH need surgery
- What can cinnamon oil be used for
- What are corporate networks
- Which neighboring country India has a dictatorship?
- Is hijab exclusively for Muslim Islam
- Why does everyone have tattoos these days
- Was the M4 Sherman a bad tank
- Who are well educated female Bollywood celebrities
- What is the structure of the fingerprint lock
- How is the Second World War represented over time
- How many keywords for on-page SEO
- What can atheists learn from Islam
- Software monitoring is a good profile
- Same-sex marriage is moral
- How do you season an iron pan
- How to convert bitcoins to dollars
- How is shopping in Bangkok
- When should we use a backbone collection
- What jobs are there in a strip club
- Which markets should Google enter
- Is the timestamp on Facebook wrong
- What is the value of a resistor
- Why are viruses considered living organisms