What is the disadvantage of VoLTE technology
VoLTE: What's that in a phone or smartphone?
In May 2014 SingTel from Singapore introduced the world's first commercial VoLTE service based in Singapore. Interestingly, at first he only worked with one smartphone - Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In the future, the technology was developed in other countries - Russia was no exception.
Users often ask the question: what exactly is this for VoLTE? The term VoLTE itself was derived from a few words: Voice over LTE, which can be translated as “Voice over LTE”. Yes, this is indeed a voice technology that in turn is based on IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) technology.
What is VoLTE? This technology enables you to provide voice services and provide them as a data stream over LTE. It has a data capacity and voice capacity that is many times higher than that of 3G networks and especially 2G. VoLTE also frees up bandwidth.
But these are all texts. It is much more important for the user to know the advantages and disadvantages of this technology. We will tell about it.
Benefits of VoLTE
- First and foremost, now you don't have to waste time making a call. Didn't you understand anything? We explain: Before the system made a call, it automatically switched the device from 4G mode to 3G mode, which could take about 2 seconds. Now you don't have to change anything, the device makes a call immediately.
- The second advantage and no less important - the quality of the transmitted sound has temporarily improved in some cases.
- Third, when you make a call, you can transfer data to the 4G network. This has not been possible until now because the device has switched to 3G mode, as mentioned above.
- The fourth benefit goes unnoticed by most users: the number of subscribers who can support simultaneous communication with a base station increases.
Disadvantages of VoLTE
- This problem is possible: if you leave a city that does not have LTE towers, communications can be cut. You have to switch to 3G mode yourself.
- The second is a higher load on the device itself, that is, it can discharge faster. While the load is light, worry about the smartphone suddenly running out of power quickly with no need to do so.
VoLTE is activated by default on smartphones, while the corresponding icon is displayed in the status bar, which can be called VoLTE or HD, as in our example:
You can deactivate this function at any time or activate it vice versa. We don't see any point in disconnecting, but if you want to do that, here's a simple guide.
Open the Settings app via the desktop icon.
Click the “More” button.
Select "Mobile Network".
If you have a different arrangement of subsections in the “Settings” section, it does not matter. Use the search term "cellular network" or "cellular network" (without quotation marks) ..
Find the line “VoLTE Calls” and activate or deactivate the specified functionality.
Not that difficult, right?
- How is pronounced in Turkish
- How is ECE better than other industries
- How often does Apple release iOS updates
- Should I approach my sanity alone
- What is the best invention from Uruguay
- What is the most valuable domain name
- What does 0 equals how
- Can Ceragem help with sugar diabetes
- What are tips for a better shave
- Who are the best surrealist fiction writers
- There are 6 flags in Canada
- How do I repair a flooded basement
- Is E coli catalase positive
- What is a lamin
- Why is the internet bad for students
- What hobbies do individuals have?
- How do web crawlers benefit from Internet users
- Should I root my phone or not
- How many quakes are there in Alaska
- What exercises can be done during pregnancy?
- What are the best impressionist pieces
- What do you think of Chuck Todd
- What's so good about the Likee app
- What things are good for Indian democracy