How are budgies and parakeets different?
nestling Wellis / young birds
The color of nestling Wellis is quite pale, it can be light rose, beige or light blue. After a few weeks, the wax skin changes color more and more. Now you can guess in which direction the color is going and thus roughly determine the gender. Male juveniles have either purple or pink wax skin, while the waxy skin of female juveniles is light beige, pale pink, or light blue. If you take a closer look, you can see a slightly lighter ring around the female's nostrils. In some males this is sometimes also present, but often it is then a tad lighter in color than the rest of the wax skin, while the fine ring appears whitish in the female.
In the adult rooster, the wax skin is smooth and ranges from medium blue to dark blue. If it is a different color or texture, there is usually an organic malfunction or a hormone disorder. In budgerigars that have a testicular tumor or a tumor in the abdomen, the wax skin turns in most cases from blue to a greenish hue to brown and becomes somewhat wrinkled. Liver disease may also cause the color to change. This should then be clarified by an avian veterinarian.
Here are some pictures of Taps with different wax skin colors.
In the hens, the wax skin becomes slightly wrinkled over time and takes on a different color depending on the breeding maturity. Females outside the breeding mood have a light blue, sometimes whitish / light blue wax skin. When it is ready to breed, the wax skin turns brown or dark brown and can sometimes be thickly laid on. But it doesn't necessarily have to be, there have also been reports of hens whose wax skin has not discolored. Here too, a hormonal disorder can lead to a differently colored wax skin.
Here are some pictures of Hens with different wax skin colors.
Roosters have either a deep blue, a pink / purple or a blue / pink piebald wax skin. But this has to do with the respective color.
Australian piebalds can have a deep blue or piebald wax skin.
Other shades of color, such as B. the recessive piebald, yellow & white black eyes, lacewing, fallow and the lutino and albino have a pink wax skin. In hens, the color of the wax skin has nothing to do with the respective color.
Photo 1 + 2: Wax skin discoloration on some cocks.
Photo 3: piebald wax skin of a piebald
- How did Australia get rid of guns
- How do you record on TalkTalk
- How did you learn to use GitHub
- What does spoiler mean
- What do you think of Oregon
- What is Russia doing in Libya
- What does liquid oxygen look like
- How can I have a romantic encounter
- What does Molality mean
- Guidance is an overused term
- Satan causes hatred
- What is the story behind the birth flower
- How do I edit my paystub
- Is the distribution of paid assets illegal?
- Is the SaaS market oversaturated?
- Is jealousy a primal instinct
- How do you keep things hygienic
- What is James Altucher's superpower
- How do I open a pizzeria
- What are the levels in ResNet
- Which startup idea is actually not terrible
- Will cars wear down the streets at some point?
- What is your phone background
- What is 40 40 40 40 40