Transformers grow with age
Terracotta (Italian = burnt earth) - also written terracotta and referred to as cotto for short - is an unglazed earthenware tile, which is characterized by its natural earthy brown-yellow to brown-red color variants. The origin of this type of tile lies in the Mediterranean area, with the production centers in Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna. There they are still formed by hand today, so that the individual tiles have uneven dimensions. The attraction of terracotta lies in the fact that the surface matures with increasing age, giving it a patina. This is made possible above all by the fact that the open-pored shards can easily absorb liquids of all kinds. As a consequence, however, this also means: a stain remains a stain. In order to avoid excessively undesirable contamination, cotto floors must accordingly often be impregnated with suitable oils and waxes.
Expertise on the subject
Impregnation, sealing and surface finishing
Whether tiles require subsequent surface protection depends on the material and the type of load. At ...
Earthenware is burned below the sintering limit at temperatures between 900 and 1,100 ° C, which is why it is not sintered ...
Terracotta tiles or cotto slabs
The word cotto comes from Italian and means: burned; Terracotta therefore means: burnt earth. While...
Baunetz Wissen tiles and slabs sponsored by:
- How can I have a romantic encounter
- What is a hemorrhoidectomy
- What is the full form of MSRB
- Is Swoopo a sustainable business
- Can anything really be fully understood
- How is it that Canada is safer than America
- Which book helped you deal with depression
- Is the printed Bible a magician
- Can psychiatrists perform psychotherapy?
- Is there an advanced course for Git
- How to say goodbye in Lithuanian
- How do I start a microgreen business
- Why is samosa in masala
- Are the Grammys sexist 1
- Have you ever seen someone die peacefully
- Is the Mahendra XUV500 a good SUV
- Which is the best railroad coaching institute
- How flowers grow on bushes
- What's your secret burger patty recipe
- Why are people interested in professional sports
- Does it hurt the horse to nail a horseshoe?
- Has Nikon discontinued the D7000? Why
- What is in Executive Order 13603
- How did California end
- What is meant by turbo generators
- Startup CEOs use personal assistants
- Should people have conversations on Twitter
- How can I add an effect to blogger
- Is the oil and water homogeneous
- Can Hrithik Roshan ever play James Bond?
- How can I develop a new way of thinking
- What is an RFI
- Why do you trust Craigslist
- What is the difference between alliteration and refrain