Does the universe come to an end 6
Theme of time Does time have a beginning?
There are things that cannot be imagined because they do not exist in our world: infinity, for example. Because everything around us has a beginning and an end. The only strange thing is that the only thing we can't imagine a beginning is time. The question of what happened before, if time actually began with the Big Bang, leaves us at a loss. The very phrase "the time ahead of time" is crazy.
It all began 13.8 billion years ago
And yet the standard doctrine among astrophysicists is that it all began 13.8 billion years ago, says Prof. Martin Ammon from the University of Jena: "The idea that one always has: There was already space and time and there was a big explosion. It definitely wasn't like that. Because, according to today's understanding, space and time only came into being with the Big Bang. "
For nuclear physicist Kai Zuber from the TU Dresden, this is as natural as the amen in the church: "The room wasn't there, just as the time wasn't there. That is completely analogous." This idea of the beginning of everything - including time - should not be tried to understand or imagine. One can only accept it and maybe get used to it.
The theory of quantum gravity is missing
Even Prof. Ammon goes like this: "... which as a scientist I find it difficult to imagine. But I can calculate it - model it mathematically."
Well, almost. Astrophysicists can almost count on the Big Bang. With their equations, they get 10 to the minus 43 seconds of the Big Bang. It's as close to zero as anything. But not the Big Bang itself. In order to be able to do this, a theory is missing that does not yet exist: the theory of quantum gravity. With that one could perhaps understand the state of the Big Bang.
Nobody knows what happened before the Big Bang
Until then, the following applies: Time came about with the Big Bang. Because we don't know any better and can't explain it any other way, says Bruno Leibundgut, astrophysicist from the European Southern Observatory ESO: "The question that is often asked - What was before the Big Bang? - cannot be answered scientifically because we simply do not have the opportunity to draw conclusions about what was before. "
Philosophy does not know the beginning of time
But philosophy is not satisfied with that. She rushes to help us with the topic of the Big Bang and the beginning of time with her common sense. Our savior is philosophy professor Johannes Huebner from the University of Halle: "There is an argument that says: Time cannot have a beginning. Because the beginning of time, that should be a point in time. And every point in time is characterized by it that it is in earlier and later relationships to others. It must therefore be possible to think of an earlier point in time at any point in time. "
Question with no answer
With this, Hübner takes on the famous Steven Hawking. He once said: To ask what was before the Big Bang is like asking what is further north from the North Pole. So a completely pointless question.
Hübner counters this by saying that one can already ask: "We can definitely consider that there was already something that exploded in the Big Bang - or whether nothing exploded. We can ask that quite meaningfully, I think . " However, as Hübner also says: If you want an answer, you have to ask the astrophysicists.
- What are Himalayan salt blocks
- Will Ronaldo play his games at Manchester United
- Ruined the Fandom Sherlock
- What is meant by competitive advantage 1
- What is 10 5 5x10
- How often does Apple release iOS updates
- Why did North Korea create nuclear weapons
- Is MDMA used for therapy
- Which Indian banks give reverse mortgage
- Can DNA be designed by computer scientists
- Symmetrical faces are always more attractive
- What is a rope 1
- Is it immoral to favor beautiful people?
- Long-term travelers prepare for retirement
- How to Download Songs on iPad
- How is a zero vector defined
- Why am I intimidated by confident people
- What are the positive qualities for students
- When was the first celestial globe invented?
- What are some websites like oDesk
- Is there still a credit balance?
- What is the greatest Canadian novel
- Is human morality subjective or objective
- Did Wilbur Smith actually write River God
- What causes oesophageal spasm
- What are the furniture stores in Hyderabad
- How do you get maggots
- What are good chemistry EE topics
- Who can do a Masters in Nanotechnology
- What are your favorite hats
- What conditions are required for the failure?
- What are mehndi designs for kids
- How would a lunar colony attack the earth
- What are the best cheap bachelorette decorations