Why are logos effective
A logo is an integral part of your brand identity. It has the potential to leave or damage your brand's impression with audiences. When creating a logo, you should look for an excellent mix of creative knowledge, design skills, and skillful application.
But what are the deciding factors for a remarkable logo? How can you get people's attention right away and make them remember your logo for a long time? There are many questions and luckily we are here to answer all of those questions.
Today we are going to share all of the design principles as preached and practiced by logo design professionals. So read on!
- Effective Logo Design Principles for Creating a Stunning Logo
1. Simplicity in symbolism and form
Shape and symbols play a central role in a logo. The simplified form (not the conventional one, mind you) helps people remember it for a long time. It is an accepted fact that a particular design is subconsciously associated with the brand. From Apple's half apple to McDonald’s M - there are plenty of examples.
According to graphic design experts, colors and shapes overcome language and cultural barriers, which is one of the most basic characteristics of a logo. You can use different grids, structures, vertices, angles and lines to bring out the best possible design.
2. Monotonous colors can be effective
The colors give your logo life and luminosity. However, excessive colors make your design cluttered and irritating to users.
A brief understanding of the human brain will help you create a logo with no effort at all. As soon as we see a color, our brain processes which color is right next to it. That is why you should study color theory carefully.
Well, sometimes we think gray, black, and white colors are monotonous. But these are never boring if you can implement them correctly in the logo. Rather, they stand for sophistication and power.
3. Adaptable logo
Once you've created a company logo, you want to be sure that it is the spokesperson for your brand. If you now advertise your brand on multiple platforms, the size of the logo will also be adjusted depending on the size. So make sure that the logo looks appealing on both a poster and a business card. This scalability is a crucial characteristic of a logo.
Also, if you want to include both text and an image in your logo, make sure that they can be used separately. For example, the Spotify logo consists of an image with sound waves and the company name. Depending on the size of the advertising platform, it can happen that you only see the image without the text.
If you create a logo, also make sure that the logo has a high pixel density for a comfortable visual experience. Designing a logo in vector format is also beneficial as this graphic can be stretched to any size you want without losing any details.
4. Pay attention to proportion and symmetry
Symmetry and proportions are two essential principles of logo design. Neuroscience shows that the human brain is naturally lazy. Therefore, in any design, the human eye and brain look for symmetry in order to discern a pattern. This is basically an abbreviation to understand any design. Of course, a symmetrical shape also contributes to memory.
Take the BMW logo, for example. It uses colors and quadrants with proportional values, and the circular design focuses on symmetry. A balanced design gives your logo an aesthetic quality.
Creating a meaningful, engaging, and memorable logo is indeed a challenge. But a thorough understanding of these logo design principles will help you create a one-of-a-kind example. However, if you want to save time and effort, you can turn to a professional logo design bureau to create a company logo.
- What does Roeteln Igg mean?
- How is the Second World War represented over time
- Why is Yo Yo Ma so famous
- What is causing the sound during the flash
- What is T E in MPLS
- All cars have windshield washer fluid
- Donald Trump predicted 9 11
- What are good chemistry EE topics
- Who is better Faiz Ghalib or Faraz
- Why do I feel so grown up?
- Will Bitcoin grow by the end of 2017
- What is 2 7 2 8
- Which branch is the best in IIST
- How was western education introduced in Nigeria?
- Why does Congress support Pakistan and terrorism
- How was your Microsoft interview experience
- Do software developers need soft skills training?
- What is real density
- How colossal is Broly's potential
- Why do band aids smell so bad
- What is the operational risk in a bank
- What archaeological evidence is there of Jesus?
- Why do we need ecommerce SEO
- Where does society end and where do I start
- Why is kindness important in life
- How does Rhino 3D compare to Alias
- Can insects go into shock?
- How do you live a great life
- Why does the groundwater not evaporate
- What vitamin is folic acid
- Are reconnaissance operations qualified as intelligence operations
- How can you hold the fort down?
- Would London elect a Muslim mayor
- Can birds of prey kill cats