Can planes fly underground?
Why can't airplanes go as far as missiles?
Franziska (8) from Oberschan SG wants to know why you can fly longer and further in space.
Motor aircraft and jet-propelled airliners travel at a speed of 200 to 1000 kilometers per hour (km / h) in the atmosphere of the earth. They only fly as long and as far as their fuel supply lasts. Rockets launch into space at a much faster rate. There is no air there that has a braking effect. Rockets do not need a propulsion system in space and therefore no longer consume any fuel. In theory, you can fly indefinitely.
Did you know?
- The longest flights without a stopover are called non-stop flights.
- The longest non-stop scheduled flight is from New York to Singapore. That's over 16,000 kilometers. There are 165,000 liters of fuel on board and the flight takes just under 19 hours.
- Air Force One, the US President's aircraft, can fly for a week in an emergency without landing. It is refueled in the air.
- Yuri Gagarin was the first person in space in 1961. The Russians used rockets to slow down the speed of his spaceship Vostok 1. It fell back to earth.
- If a rocket launches at a speed of 7.9 kilometers per second (km / s), that is 28,440 km / h, it then orbits the earth like a satellite.
- With a launch speed of 11.2 km / s, a rocket overcomes the gravitational pull and can travel to Mars, for example.
- The rocket can leave the solar system at a speed of 42 km / s.
Broadcast with the mouse: An astronaut flies into space
- What's the best business to start with
- What makes a dense liquid sink
- How does IBM use machine learning
- What is a tabby cat diet
- Is the sun a mean star
- Are the negative feelings contagious
- Which ICOs have the best bounties
- How can I stop pretending
- What is the history of space launches
- What is aryabhata's works in mathematics
- How do you translate a conversation
- What are the advantages of pool enclosures
- Drinking Mormon Soda
- Who is Sara Lance
- How can we turn Detroit around?
- Can an animal hibernate for years
- Are AI and computer programming the same?
- How does it feel to be hungover?
- Is CTS a product based company
- How do I find cheap flights online
- How can I contribute to the development of Bihar
- The entropy cannot decrease
- How do Google keywords work
- Why is Captain Marvel doing so badly?
- Why is the Sharpe relationship so important
- Why does the night cause loneliness
- Charlie Chaplin was an artist
- What is the new Tamil movie
- Antibodies die
- How can i convert csv to npy
- What was Nixon looking for at Watergate
- What does Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya mean
- Are YouTubers in this app
- Does WeChat have a good UX