What is the best knowledge base software
Knowledge base software: more knowledge with less effort
In a team in particular, it is sometimes difficult to control communication in such a way that everyone receives all the important information and, in the best case, benefits from the knowledge of others.
Especially when it comes to collecting (specialist) knowledge, know-how, tips and tricks, many companies have developed their own system over time: internal wiki pages, long manuals or individual experts who are approached in case of problems or questions become. This means a lot of effort, especially for the latter, because not all questions end up with the right experts or are easy to answer. And the additional effort of having to repeatedly explain the same questions has an impact on work performance.
Does any of these scenarios sound familiar to you?
Then the integration of a Knowledge base software be the right solution for you. In this article you will find out how it works and how you can use it to make your company's processes faster and more effective.
What is a knowledge base software?
Knowledge base software is a database that is used to share knowledge and facilitate management.
You can ensure that both your customers and your employees can quickly find all the important information and questions about your products. You can set the privacy yourself and determine who has what access to the information.
Why do I need a knowledge base software?
The main purpose of a knowledge base software is to a lot of information clearly in one place summarize. This makes it easier for your employees to search and you can also benefit from their individual knowledge.
Knowledge base software can also:
- Search function in the internal wiki
- Project documentation
- Employee onboarding
- Meeting Notes
- Integration with other features e.g. Slack
What should I pay attention to when choosing a software?
In principle, of course, you should take a close look at the features that the respective knowledge base software offers. For example, if you attach great importance to integration with other tools or multi-faceted application possibilities of the tool, then this already limits your choice.
Nevertheless, there are a few points that a good knowledge base software should bring with it:
- Search function for quickly finding articles, guides and information on products
- Clear dashboard for an orderly overview of the content
- Easily create categories within the software
- File attachment function for providing additional information
- Feedback system for the detection of errors and other user-based problems
- Analytics & Report for a better performance of the knowledge base software
Knowledge base software provider
All other functions depend on your individual preferences. That's why we're now introducing you to a few providers whose knowledge base software is definitely worth a look.
Getoutline is particularly suitable if you value software for internal documentation, customer support, onboarding and meeting notes.
- Intuitive editor for easy creation of clear articles
- Integration with Slack
- Effective search function
- Suitable for remote teams, support and sales
- Price: From $ 10 per month for up to 10 members
Slite is a knowledge base software for collecting knowledge, project documentation, employee onboarding and meeting notes.
- Different ways to sort documents and channels
- Intuitive editor for easy creation of clear articles
- Comment function
- Activity overview: new articles, editing etc.
- Share through Slack
- Price: Try for free; Starting at $ 6.67 per user, per month
Document360 is a very simple but effective software that only focuses on the possibility of creating an internal wiki.
- Easy to use
- Intelligent search function
- Various privacy settings
- Cloud base
- Price: From $ 49 per month per project
Helpjuice is a provider of knowledge base software that specializes in individual use of this.
- Intuitive editor with many options for individual writing, including the integration of videos
- Categories and folders for better structuring of the content
- Various privacy settings for the articles
- Analytics and statistics for improved performance
- 14 days demo version
- Price: From $ 120 per month for up to 4 users
The ProProfs Knowledge Base software can be set up quickly and individually adapted.
- Easy setup
- Different privacy settings
- 100+ integration options
- 24/7 support option for the customer
- Price: Try for free; From $ 0.40 per page per month
ServiceNow is primarily aimed at customer support for larger companies and ensures that the customer can find the information they need quickly and in a clear form.
- Additional use of chatbots, automated workflows, etc. possible
- Innovative search function
- Machine learning for continuous improvement of results
- Price on request
Tawk.to is a new vendor that just released its beta version of the Knowledge Software. Takw.to is already that Most popular live chat software in the world and is now expanding its range.
- Suitable for customers looking for information about products and team members who need help on a specific topic
- Colors, fonts and content can be completely customized
- Analysis tools and much more.
- Price: Completely free!
Conclusion: Everyone can only benefit from a knowledge base software!
Regardless of whether you only use the Knowledge Base software for your team and the internal exchange of knowledge, or whether you want to help your customers effectively with problems, the Knowledge Base software supports you.
Depending on the purpose for which you want to primarily use it, you can too against an all-rounder and for a specific product decide which offers more features in your preferred area.
All in all, knowledge base software will definitely save you a lot of work, time and effort.
Sharing knowledge couldn't be easier!
What do you think of the Knowledge Base software? Do you already use one of the providers listed here? Feel free to write your opinion on this topic in the comments!
If you want to know more about digitization for managing directors or the self-employed, take a look at the corresponding category on Digital-Affin for more inspiration!
- How do you construct two equal triangles?
- Can my computer mouse be hacked?
- Can bodybuilding stunt growth by the age of 16
- What is the ERP SAP training
- What is PaaS in Oracle Cloud
- Who will win Odisha Naveen or Modi
- Which website should I do 1
- What is the financial situation of Chicago like
- What is the most powerful Glock
- Is Amazon Alexa available in Turkey?
- How do I know myself better 1
- How many views should my answers get
- How difficult is it to learn Romansch
- How do asthmatics live in Beijing
- How can I forget my first crush
- How do you overcome the stress of retirement
- Why is oxygen more reactive than hydrogen
- What is your favorite LDS anthem?
- How can we get backlinks
- Litecoin is the fork of Bitcoin
- How do I disable ByteFence Antivirus
- Is LPU good for pharmaceutical management
- Is fresh tuna healthy?
- How generous is there in Beowulf?