What is the secret of personal development
Anyone who deals with personality development, mindset, the definition of goals, the development of a personal model and the appropriate beliefs, cannot ignore the book "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill. In it, the author explores the question, what is the secret of successful people? The content of the classic from 1937 is still state-of-the-art and at the same time an orientation aid and a source of motivation.
What is the secret of successful people?
The word "secret" or alternatively the "Carnegie secret" is often used in this book. The latter because Andrew Carnegie, the legendary steel tycoon and one of the richest people of his time, commissioned Napoleon Hill to research the most important criteria, characteristics and requirements of successful people from business, politics and culture and to summarize them in a book. Above all was the question:
What makes some people more successful, happier, and more satisfied than others?
Napoleon Hill then tackled this task without realizing that it would take him a total of 25 years before he could publish the essence of hundreds of case studies and interviews in this book. There is actually a lot of the so-called “secret” of successful people in the history of the creation of this book.
The secret of successful people: You have a vision and a plan for how to make that vision come true!
- Clearly formulated goal: Hill had a clearly stated goal (given by Carnegie) in mind.
- Research and gather useful information: He gathered every useful piece of information on the subject.
- Make a plan: He developed a plan for how to cope with the task.
- Practical implementation of the plan: He implemented this plan by getting started and shaping the information from interviews and conversations, from books and case studies into individual chapters. The individual chapters became a book.
- Sticking to the goal in a disciplined manner: He stubbornly stuck to his goal of writing this book and collecting the secrets of success in it, arranging them and putting them into a structure that can be used by other people.
- Develop perseverance to achieve the goal: He also kept an eye on his goal when it wasn't clear how long this work would really take.
- Creating benefits for others: With the published book “Think and grow rich” he created a kind of written guide for many people who lack the structure to determine their personal goals. The book had a specific use for those who would read it (over 60 million copies sold to date).
What is the secret of successful people that is so often spoken of in the book?
Actually, it's not that exciting, because it's about the virtues, principles, qualities and skills that someone must have or acquire in order to achieve personal growth and further development in their life. Personal growth and permanent development, in turn, in order to be able to lead a happy and contented life in the long term.
Examples of the secret of successful people are:
- To have the right people in your environment who enrich and support you instead of doubting and hindering you
- Perseverance in order to be able to achieve a specific goal against all odds
- Goals that help you bring in your own strengths and preferences in order to develop them further
- building a connection from personal intelligence (with limited possibilities, because nobody can and knows everything) to intuitive intelligence
- to develop the so-called "sixth sense" in order to use this intuitive intelligence as a source for ideas that initially seem impossible and illogical
The secret of successful people is how they use their energy sources!
At this point, "sources of energy" come up, which Hill speaks of repeatedly in his book. What kind of energy do you mean? For example, what is formulated as a goal and visually imagined in order to anchor it firmly in the subconscious is such an energy field.
One of the secrets is to align the energy field of this goal with your own energy field from ideas, dreams, a concrete plan and daily habits. Hill calls this "equilibrium". Without this, the goal cannot be achieved.
The secret of successful people lies in healthy self-confidence, self-esteem and self-marketing!
In the book, however, he also gives a lot of practical advice on how to use your potential more effectively. He devotes an entire chapter to the right strategies for your own marketing, for example to get a better job or to build a business.
A classic that probably goes back to Hill is putting your goals in writing. Everyone should also write down the plan for how they are to be achieved in as much detail as possible. In my article “He who writes, he stays” I have described my experiences with the written method in learning and setting goals.
The written plan includes all the steps necessary to achieve this goal. He also includes all sources that are necessary, whether they are friends and supporters or other external resources.
The secret of successful people also works when it comes to personal wealth planning!
Hill identifies six specific steps that can be taken to make getting rich a reality:
- Step one: set yourself a precise financial goal. Set a certain amount.
- Step two: Determine exactly what you want to do in return.
- Third step: Set an exact date on which you want to own the desired amount.
- Step Four: Develop a specific plan to get your cause going, and whether you are ready or not, start acting on that plan.
- Step five: Write down the amount you want to generate, the deadline you have set yourself for it, your consideration and the exact plan with which you want to achieve all of this in writing. (See also my article "He who writes stays")
- Step six: Read what you have written aloud to yourself twice a day - once just before going to bed and once immediately after getting up. When reading, imagine as vividly and convincingly as possible that you already have the money. (Keyword: The law of attraction works! You can read more about this in this article.)
If you want to implement a plan, you have to take action!
In order to implement the plan, it has to be To do come. Only those who act can experience collect. But in order to remain able to act in the long term and to pursue one's goal, it is necessary endurance. Because obstacles and difficulties are companions on the way to aim. Perseverance is required to overcome this. Endurance is one of the qualities Hill attaches great importance to. Those who have enough perseverance and willpower do not allow themselves to be impressed by difficulties and keep going.
Regularly reviewing your plan will keep you motivated and focused!
The questionnaire that Hill has integrated in his book “Think and grow rich” is suitable for this purpose. This includes the following questions about self-analysis:
- Did I achieve the goal that I set myself for this year? (Compare with the written goal!)
- Did I achieve my personal best or could I have done more?
- Have I done as much as I could?
- Have I always behaved in a team-oriented and cooperative manner?
- Have I put things on the back burner and thereby reduced my efficiency? If so, to what extent?
- Have I developed my character and if so, how?
- Did I persist in my plans until they were realized?
- Have I always made prompt, clear decisions?
- Have I allowed one or more of the six basic fears to affect my efficiency?
- Was I too careful or not careful enough?
- Was my relationship with my partners at work pleasant or stressful? If it was stressed, was that all or part of my fault?
- Am I wasting energy because I wasn't doing the right thing?
- Was I open-minded and tolerant in every way?
- In what ways have I improved my performance?
- Was there any form of self-indulgence in my behavior?
- Have I openly or secretly displayed any form of need for recognition?
- Has my behavior towards my partners in the workplace earned their respect?
- Did I intuitively form opinions and make decisions or after thorough analysis and reflection?
- Did I manage my time, expenses and income well and did I set my budget conservatively?
- How much time have I devoted to unprofitable activities and could have used them more wisely?
- How can I manage my time differently and change my habits so that I can work more efficiently in the coming year?
- Did I act against my conscience at some point?
- To what extent have I performed more and better than expected at my salary level?
- Have I treated anyone unfairly? If yes how?
- Would I have had to reward myself for my achievements in the past year, would that have been good business for me?
- Did I choose the right job? If not, why not?
- Was my employer satisfied with my performance? If not, why not?
- How well have I implemented the basic principles of success? (Assess particularly openly and honestly here or have the assessment carried out by someone who you trust!)
The Master Mind approach increases your potential enormously!
One point that no one before Hill has formulated is the idea of the “Master Mind Group”. Those who use the skills and knowledge of other people can achieve their goal faster. This in turn means that you choose these people very carefully and only surround yourself with people who positively influence and motivate you. At best, these people have the same goal. The Master Mind group is the union of three to four people who pursue the same goal and bundle their ideas, skills and knowledge. So everyone gets a better result than would happen if everyone pursued their goal alone.
I end my book review at this point. I recommend everyone who wants to get further in life personally to read this book and apply what has been read.
If you are interested in the subject of "Mindset", then you will surely like my other articles on "Goals and their meaning for a self-determined life" and "Beliefs and their meaning".
Investing is the new trading! After 20 years on the stock market, I am more relaxed, patient and smarter. Made possible by a new perspective and a good plan. In my blog, I regularly philosophize about the stock market, finances, passive income, knowledge and doing, my investments, stocks and long-term asset accumulation.
- Is infty + infty infty
- How does phone data work
- Why does monopoly play take so long
- What is junction voltage
- Has the Buddha returned home?
- How do sounds have a purpose in life?
- Who was your childhood crush on video games
- How do subjective observations become objective observations
- What were the best documentaries of 2015
- How does the online web design service work
- You can easily forgive yourself
- Can a gay person turn 1 right now?
- Which company offers good coating services
- What is the best unnatural hair color
- Einstein used more brain than Newton
- What is the use of slime
- Self-consciousness is really just death consciousness
- What is in Executive Order 13603
- Who painted this picture below
- What are some examples of theft
- Which operating system is good for mining
- What is potassium chloride in?
- What chemicals burn in Beaumont, Texas
- You can use navel oranges to ripen after harvest
- How can ICT improve language learning
- What are some really compelling promo videos
- May cause premature labor
- Fern-MBA is easy to pursue
- Which is more helpful Duolingo or Memrise
- Not hungry for grief
- What's the best product at Costco
- What is quantum neurology
- Is NaCl a compound or an ion
- What is the past participle of the set