How can I buy a cheap airplane
That's how much it costs to fly yourself
“That's extremely expensive!” Many think. But that's not always true. The same applies to airplanes as to cars. There is the compact Golf but also the luxurious Porsche. A used aircraft is also available for the price of a mid-range car. So the dream is not as unreachable as one imagines it to be.
If you want to buy a new aircraft, the prices for a four-seater machine start at 200,000 euros. Once the purchase has been made, the long-term costs are the same as for a car: a parking area at the airport, possibly even in a dry hangar.
Lots of additional costs
Then there is the insurance. And last but not least, the maintenance and servicing costs. All in all, you can easily count on a sum in the lower five-digit range. However, if you fly 100 to 200 hours a year, you can relatively easily get a price of around 200 euros per flight hour. So relatively affordable compared to renting.
That's right, you can also rent an airplane. You can do this, for example, at an aero club, a flight school or a company specializing in the chartering of aircraft. Which choice you should make here depends entirely on your personal taste. (We have already explained this in another article). So the question arises, what does it cost? Depending on the aircraft type, you can start at an aero club for as little as 120 euros per hour. As a rule, however, it should be more than 200 euros. You can see: whether renting or buying, if there is a lot of flying, the prices are similar. Even if option one naturally requires immense capital.
Share and save
As with any investment-heavy topic, there are shortcuts with private flying. So you can easily share the costs. Why not buy a plane together with your best aviator friends? Or grab a share in an existing group of aircraft owners. Everything possible. You cut costs, but you also lose a bit of flexibility: the aircraft is not always available when you want. This is not an issue if you plan well with tools like the Aircraft Info Desk. Here you can easily manage your aircraft and plan ahead.
Finally, on general cost sharing: probably the best concept for owners but also tenants to save costs or to fly more for the same money. Carrying out shared-cost flights means nothing more than being a shared flight control center. Why not fill the empty seats on the plane with other aviation enthusiasts and have a good time in the air? This is where platforms like Wingly, which connect pilots with pilots all over the world, help.
Lars Klein is a freelance columnist for aeroTELEGRAPH. He is co-founder of the Wingly Mitflugzentrale. Private pilots are networked with guests in order to share the passion but also the costs of flying. Today, Klein regularly flies through Europe in the Cessna. Before that, he worked worldwide as an independent web service provider. The opinion of the freelance columnists does not have to agree with that of the editorial team.
- Is there something that is honestly given
- Is that Orville better than Discovery
- What is a McMansion 1
- Which films have the most realistic characters
- Vitamin E promotes hair growth
- What does the expression flush flush
- How do I get rich in Serbia
- Is soybean a millet
- What are intuitive explanations for determinants
- Can ECT be used to treat anxiety
- Is worship the greatest sin
- Can a cold fusion eliminate global warming
- Are avocados poisonous to rabbits
- Who is the best psychiatrist in Toronto
- What does it mean to eat someone
- What Kraetze kills immediately
- Are there VR startups in India
- Should a husband always prioritize his wife
- Why are flat earth chips no longer being produced?
- What is modern school
- How good is Whistling Woods
- How was your AIIMS 2017 UG result
- Which niche markets accept crypto currency?
- Is white genocide a real problem?