Where was Jesus crucified in the Bible
In what year was Jesus crucified?
"The crucifixion of Jesus by the Romans can only have taken place in the year 31 AD."
In the Bible we find only sparse information about the time of Jesus' life. For the writers of the New Testament books, it was more important that the Son of God came to us, died for our guilt, rose from the dead, and would come again to give us eternal life. It was only through the influence of Hellenism (Greek culture) that one began to look for exact dates. We can already see this in the beginning in the reports of Luke, who as a Greek researched the life of Jesus and the history of the early Christian community in detail (Luke 1: 1-4; Acts 1: 1ff.).
Nevertheless, we can determine the year of Jesus' crucifixion if we compare the information in the Bible with historical events in the Roman Empire. Accordingly, John the Baptist appeared in the fifteenth year of the emperor Tiberius (Luke 3: 1ff.). If we assume that Luke followed the Jewish calendar here (the Jewish year began in the month Tishri, in October / September), then this was the late autumn of AD 27.
When Jesus was baptized by John and began his ministry, he was about 30 years old (Luke 3: 21-23; Matthew 3: 1, 13). His baptism probably took place shortly after the appearance of John. Jesus then traveled through Palestine for three and a half years (John 2.23; 5.1; 6.4; 13.1; John reports of three Passover feasts in which Jesus participated and of a "festival of the Jews", which was obviously also a Passover festival After these three and a half years, Jesus was nailed to the cross by the Romans under Pontius Pilate (AD 26-36 governor in Judea and Samaria). His crucifixion took place in the spring of AD 31 Instead of.
Three scriptures and a historical clue confirm this date. Jewish fanatics tried to stone Jesus because he allegedly blasphemed God (John 10: 30-33). But Jesus escaped them (verse 39). A few years later, members of the high council stone Stephen (Acts 7: 54-60). This type of blasphemy execution was common among the Jews. But when Pilate asked the members of the high council to follow Jesus according to Jewish law self to judge, the Jews answered him: "We must not kill anyone" (John 18:31)
Apparently, the execution of the death penalty had been temporarily forbidden to the Jews. In fact, in AD 30, Consul Lucius Aelius Sejanus had enforced a decree in the Roman Senate prohibiting Jews from carrying out the death penalty. In October 31 AD, however, the Jews were given their privileges back (E. Stauffer, Jerusalem und Rom im Zeitalter Jesu Christi, Bern 1957, pp. 17, 121; G. Ricciotti, Geschichte Israels, Vienna 1955, vol. II, P. 239). Historically, Jesus could only be crucified by the Romans during this time: It was in AD 31 during the Passover festival. A year earlier or later, the Jews could have imposed and carried out the death sentence themselves. But then Jesus would have been stoned (see John 18:31, 32). The New Testament and historical facts show that Jesus died in the exact year announced to the prophet Daniel in chapters 9: 24-27.
- What does calligraphy mean? Why is it important
- What are UPSC exams for women
- How do I do 46 acrid solution
- How does Rally Health make money
- Why do you want to win
- Who won the archery competition?
- What to visit some European cities
- What kind of website is Amazon
- Would CoinBase support Bitcoin Gold
- Lakshmi's NTR is released
- How do I get to Gangtok from Kathmandu
- Speaking actions louder than thoughts
- How do you find a good hairdresser
- How can I have leadership experience
- What are your tips for accepting rejection
- What are the challenging jobs online
- How do infrared sensors work
- How do I shed needy investors
- What are examples of sponge invertebrates
- Why is an LM curve sloping down
- Are stock brokers replaced by algorithms
- What are some examples of catalysts
- Crypto miners sell hardware there
- What is a unitary process
- Is NLP considered machine learning?
- Will fighting with bare fingers replace traditional boxing
- All blacks think alike
- Are you a vaccine supporter
- What is Argument Mining in NLP
- What's so good about the Likee app
- What are some tips for using Facebook
- Must wear attendant's coats
- How can I make Rm 1000 days
- Scoliosis can be life threatening