How is glass blown
Blowing glass: what is it - and how can you learn it?
What does a glass blower do?
A glass blower forms glass. Normally he does not blow into the glass, but uses different devices and tools to give the material a specific shape.
Strong heating of the raw material is necessary for this, usually to over 600 degrees Celsius. In the past, experts used an oil lamp with a bellows to heat glass.
With the help of these bellows, the fire was kindled so strongly that it melted glass. This is where the term "blow glass" comes from. Glassblowers still work on an open fire today, but the oil lamp has now been replaced by an adjustable gas burner (€ 37.98 at Amazon *).
How do I learn to blow glass?
Glassblowing is a modern apprenticeship with a long tradition. The professional qualification is achieved after a three-year apprenticeship and corresponding exams. During the training, both practical and theoretical content is conveyed.
The apprentice chooses a subject in which he would like to work. You can choose, for example, the more artistic areas such as Christmas tree decoration blowers and animal eye shapers, but also very technical areas such as eye prosthetics and glass apparatus manufacture.
Where can I have a look at the glass blowing?
Various traditional glassworks are available for viewing, where visitors can experience the work of the glassblowers "live". There are both organized bus tours to the companies and the possibility of traveling in your own car.
Blowing glass: key historical data
- about 7,000 BC Chr .: the oldest glass finds come from this time
- around 3,000 BC Chr .: glass factories in ancient Egypt
- about 100 BC Chr .: Invention of the glassmaker's pipe: large-volume vessels are created
- around 300 AD: the first drinking glasses are made
- from around the 11th century AD: the Venetian bottle makers become famous
- 12th century AD: window glass is invented
- 1903: automated bottle blowing
- 1917 Libbey-Owens process: advanced mechanization of glass blowing
* Affiliate link to AmazonMain page »Build» Building materials »Glass
- Where can I buy cheap NHL jerseys
- What is HGH Deficiency
- What is Quikrs' business growing
- What is meant by a 9V battery
- What is the future of satellite television
- Who can design my dream home
- What is the greatest Canadian novel
- What are your most wanted unreleased albums
- Enjoy learning Vietnamese
- Which university focal points would study process improvement?
- Why do politicians mostly wear white clothes?
- Does the universe come to an end 6
- Amazon is a direct selling company
- What are the dimensions of the Ryebrg constant
- How do we overcome poverty in Pakistan
- Politics in America will forever be different
- How can a vacuum expand infinitely
- What colors symbolize death in Chinese culture
- Bald men are better in bed
- Why do billionaires buy newspapers
- Which factors contribute to situational awareness?
- What children will never understand these days
- Who was Solon in Greek history
- How do you remember Duran Duran