What is the product of lactose fermentation
Change of the reference method for E.coli in drinking water in DE and AT
In the area of drinking water, the standard “Water quality - counting of Escherichia coli and coliform bacteria - Part 1: Membrane filtration method for waters with low accompanying flora (ISO 9308-1) - Reference method "renewed.
According to the reference method (DIN EN ISO 9308-1), coliform bacteria were previously recorded on the basis of the biochemical characteristics “acid formation through lactose fermentation” and “negative oxidase reaction”.
This definition has been changed in the new version of the standard. As with the approved alternative method according to DIN EN ISO 9308-2, coliform bacteria are now identified via the detection of the enzyme β-D-galactosidase. The previously used Lactose-TTC-Tergitol Agar is being replaced by Chromogenic Coliform Agar (CCA) as the reference method. In future, there will be a uniform biochemical decision-making reaction for both ISO methods for the detection of coliform bacteria.
Inclusion of additional genera of coliforms in the reference list
The new reference method assigns additional genera to the coliform bacteria (see table).
|Genera of coliforms Reference method (old)||Genera of coliforms reference method (new)|
In individual cases, the new method leads to positive findings of coliform germs in wells, elevated tanks and supply networks, which were inconspicuous when using the previous method.
Regardless of their origin, the detection of coliform bacteria in 100 ml of drinking water is an indication of an improper condition, which requires measures to clarify and control the cause. The occurrence of coliform bacteria in the production, treatment and distribution of drinking water and in the drinking water installation of buildings can be traced back to the most varied of causes, since the germs can occur anywhere in nature.
Obligation to report to the health department
For this reason, if the result is positive, the health department is to be informed of this finding and a repeat examination to be arranged immediately. The renewed examination clarifies whether it is a one-off finding or whether there is systemic contamination. Depending on the result of the repeated measurement and in consultation with the health department, further measures may be determined.
Your plus: Our laboratories specialize in the analysis of drinking water
Analysis according to the Drinking Water Ordinance is the core of our water analysis.
The accredited laboratories
are at your side with advice and action with our customer service.
In addition, we take over the accredited and professional sampling by our regional samplers.
Contact us! Our field staff will be happy to make you an offer tailored to your needs! You can find your regional contact person in the contact form on the right.
Further information on coliform bacteria can be found on the website of the.
You can see our drinking water offer on the product page "Drinking water".
- Entomology What kind of moth is that
- Is there a python book online
- What screams i'm broken hearted
- Most people would commit murder for 1 meter
- Only one movie was shot in space
- Can Indians actually earn something with ClixSense?
- Are natural channels fake?
- How good is the startup Dockers
- A pharmacist can refuse to serve you
- How do plants help release nutrients
- Should I buy a MacBook Air 2015?
- Are Israel and Judah still divided?
- What does humorous mean
- How fast can a tarantula run
- Where can I get anatomy books
- Atheists have soul
- Can someone add lots of photos from NSIT
- What should our position be against China?
- What do composers think of soundtracks?
- Is there an advanced course for Git
- Is negative review fair
- Is cultural appropriation really New Age segregation?
- Is Andrew Yang's Freedom Dividend Socialism
- Which founding fathers were against the US Constitution
- Is VAR the future of European football
- What's the best book for RPA
- Touching is required for programming
- Why is 3D printing so slow?
- Who is the Most Unlikely Bollywood Star
- What role did Caiaphas play in the crucifixion of Jesus?
- How do I filter the time in Excel
- Is Itachi Uchiha a villain?
- What number is 16 less than 42