What are the physical properties of toothpaste
Even the ancient Greeks used frayed wooden sticks to brush their teeth. Toothpicks and similar utensils made of wood or metal have also been used for a long time. In contrast, cleaning agents specially developed for brushing teeth are relatively new.
Although outwardly different and also different due to the chemical composition, the physical and chemical properties of the different types of toothpaste are largely the same!
Regular brushing can protect tooth enamel and gums. If the gums or enamel are already compromised, brushing your teeth will help protect the dentin below.
In addition, one should keep the consumption of sugary foods as low as possible, because sugar is the basic food that oral bacteria need to multiply. Acidic plaque then forms, and the acid also attacks the teeth.
Toothpaste should do the following:
Remove bacterial plaque from the surface of the teeth
Neutralize acids in the oral cavity
Increase the resistance of the enamel to acids
There is a large number of different types of toothpaste on the market. In order to explain the composition and mode of action of the different types of toothpaste, the following properties are examined:
1. The external characteristics
The different types of toothpaste differ mainly in color, smell and taste. They can consist of colored pastes or gels.
2. The physical properties
Toothpaste contains polishing and abrasive agents that mechanically clean the tooth surface.
3. The chemical properties
Toothpaste contains chemicals that neutralize the acids in the oral cavity and chemicals that strengthen tooth enamel and make it more resistant to acids.
The choice of toothpaste is a matter of personal taste. Although the chemical composition of the different toothpaste types can be different, they are very similar in their mode of action. The easiest way to prevent tooth decay is to brush your teeth after every meal. Incidentally, you only feel a toothache when it is too late. Tooth enamel and dentin are then partially destroyed and the tooth nerves themselves are attacked!
- Is a travel allowance taxable
- Why am I still depressed 1
- Can writing lead to fluent language
- How does Microsoft earn with Azure
- Are you afraid of the prison and why
- How can I be accepted into NROTC
- How many people take part in surveys
- Can you force yourself to create art
- Why is key account management important
- What is the best meditation podcast
- What do philosophers think of privacy?
- How can I write a great article
- Auditors need marketing
- What is heat transfer
- Are there films with subliminal messages
- What is your marriage date
- Why is freelance work not popular in India
- What is PokeStop in Pokemon GO
- What's the point of PTSD
- Is it safe to work in Jakarta?
- How can SQ3R save you time
- When are Harry Potter films remade?
- What is D LED technology
- How do I breed a mole naturally
- Why do biofuels have a contemporary carbon sequestration?
- What is the largest integer function
- How many views should my answers get
- Medicare billed quarterly
- How is MIDI different from digital audio?
- Is HTTP2 a change from TCP?
- What's in food coloring
- Which college is better friendship or AKG
- What makes your job difficult