Know what caused your illness
Coronavirus: disease, symptoms, treatment
Course of disease
Illnesses with the new coronavirus can take different courses. Some people have no symptoms or hardly realize they are sick. Others require intensive treatment in the hospital.
There are people with an infection who have no symptoms at all. They then do not know that they are infected and can therefore pass the new coronavirus on to other people unnoticed.
A large majority with an infection show a mild course of the disease. This means that they have symptoms that remain mild and last only a few days.
If the course is severe, the symptoms are mild at first. They get worse over a period of five to ten days. The sick have, for example, persistent fever and feeling sick and / or get breathlessness. Pneumonia can develop. In this case, the sick person needs hospital treatment, and in many cases oxygen.
If the disease is severe, it usually lasts two to four weeks. With good medical treatment, the sick will in most cases get well again. However, there are symptoms, such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and general weakness, that can persist for a long time after recovery. Scientists today assume that after recovery, one is immune to renewed infection for a certain period of time, although it is unclear how long exactly.
A severe course can occur at any age: it is very rare in children and adolescents. People at particular risk, on the other hand, have an increased risk of a severe course.
In some people, their respiratory symptoms get so worse that they need intensive medical treatment. Then they are mechanically ventilated to support lung function.
Thanks to timely intensive medical treatment, more than 80 percent of those with a critical course survive.
According to the current state of knowledge, around 1.5 percent (as of December 28, 2020) of those who tested positive die from the consequences of the disease.
- Why is Slughorn frozen
- Litecoin is promising
- What are some small and medium businesses
- Why are you a night owl
- What exactly does the electroweak power do
- Are crossdressers pedophiles
- How do you ensure project success
- What screams I'm upper class in Indonesia
- How did Kabuto Yakushi learn the Wise Mode
- What are some examples of internal storage
- Stegosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period
- Are brands interested in new authentication technologies?
- Why were customs made
- Offers Google Halal meat
- What is the exact meaning of model
- Can human knowledge be transferred to animals
- How does fish-eye ball taste
- What are Subsonic 22 bullets
- Where is python used most often?
- What are the new features of desktops
- Companies increase the starting laps before the start
- How does art change your feelings
- Pop-ups can appear in the story
- Which Persian lyrics should I learn