Obsessive-compulsive disorder is autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) Fix profound developmental disorders
A holistic approach to treating ASD involves supporting the child's existing skills and developing new ones. The child's environment is included in the therapy. In this way, the child can practice their skills in a group, with the family and with other children.
Play therapy and focus
People with early childhood autism learn through games and through rewards to focus their perception on the important information. This helps them understand their environment better and the fear of change decreases.
Behavioral therapy techniques can improve social skills and break down stereotypical behaviors. For example, role-play and contact with children without autism are helpful.
Language training (speech therapy - children)
Language training can explain the social significance of linguistic elements to those affected and promote language understanding and active speaking. It should start as early as possible, as the chances of success decrease with age.
Goals of ASD therapy (in children, adolescents and adults)
- Social competence
- Independence in everyday life
- Willingness and ability to make contact
- communicative competence
- Empathy promotion
- Speaking and understanding language, understanding gestures
In addition, there are specific treatment approaches (e.g. Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped Children [TEACCH]).
Help for the family
Specific programs are designed to help parents of autistic children to reduce stress in everyday life and to learn how to deal with their autistic children correctly. They are also taught methods of establishing better contact with their child.
- How do you build a good reputation
- Is a cold acute or chronic
- CEOs use critical thinking
- What are the main cities in Norway
- How will I fulfill all my wishes
- How can you make better decisions
- Are luxury cars safer than cheap models
- Are loudspeakers allowed in Islam
- What did Heraclitus do
- How can work ethics help you improve
- What does God think of tattoos?
- What does Petit Matin mean in French
- What makes hydrazine so dangerous
- Do I need a telephone service for DSL
- Is it worth joining Capgemini now
- How do I learn and master things
- Why are NPN transistors widely used
- Is beautiful in isolation
- What is mental health in a startup
- What is Uber Select 1
- Which alkali metal is liquid
- Is happiness a placebo
- What do I learn next while coding
- When will alcohol kill the alcoholic