How to make margarine at home
Make margarine yourself
Margarine - vegetable fat spread
Germans ate around five kilos of margarine per capita in 2014. Whether pure on freshly baked bread or as a basis for sausage, cheese or jam bread, is left to your personal taste. Margarine is particularly popular with vegans: the fat spread consists mainly of vegetable oils and water - dairy products such as those used to make butter are not required here.
who Make margarine yourself can choose between different oil variants - depending on how intense the vegetable fat spread should taste in the end. Olive, linseed and rapeseed oil are particularly suitable for making margarine, as they have an optimal mixture of fatty acids.
This is how healthy margarine is
A "good" margarine contains up to 70 percent monounsaturated fatty acids. The body needs these fats for the metabolism and the elasticity of the cell membranes. Around half of this percentage consists of polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are not produced by the body itself and therefore have to be ingested with food in order to be able to participate in important metabolic processes.
If you buy margarine from the supermarket, you should pay attention to the label "hydrogenated fats": These can be unhealthy trans fatty acids that can arise during the chemical hardening process of margarine. It is healthier to make the margarine yourself - that way you know for sure what's in it! Nadine Burck from the blog dreierlei liebelei has a great and simple recipe up her sleeve for all margarine fans!
Make margarine yourself
The ingredients for 200 grams:
- 50 g cocoa butter
- 150 g rapeseed oil
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the cocoa butter slowly over a double boiler over a medium temperature and remove it from the stove as soon as it is liquid.
- Now stir in the rapeseed oil and salt, pour into a sealable bowl and refrigerate until the margarine is firm.
The recipe for Make margarine yourself, there is again here:
To the recipe ►
Tip: The homemade margarine can be kept in the refrigerator for about three days and can be frozen in small portions without any problems. You can also pour the margarine into small molds and let them cool or freeze: Your own margarine is a real eye-catcher on the breakfast or dinner table!
- What is a cathode 1
- Can fire extinguishers stop all fire
- Why did Google Reader shut down
- Biodegradable bags are better
- Who hits the fastest century
- How can I reach Ooty from Mettupalayam
- How harmful are magnets to batteries
- Moodle content is copyrighted
- What is meant by factoring?
- What is the postcode of Aklan
- Who is faster reverse flash or zoom
- What are non-conservative mutations
- What is an I 20 form
- What is the future tense for rest
- What's up your spine?
- What are some gunpowder used today
- How can meditation heal cognitive impairments
- How is acetic acid used
- What do Bettas need in their tank
- What does the Flipkart logo mean
- What happens during a hearing on child support?
- How do I exchange cash for Bitcoin
- What is the full form of FPR
- How do I potentiate the effects of methylphenidate
- What are the four management levels
- Who got pregnant as a teenager
- Is the gravitational force a full force
- How fast could 3D printers theoretically print?
- Do MIT students have a common look
- How are musical covers made
- What are the differences between phone providers
- Can people take CBD oil intravenously
- Why do planes need 2 pilots
- How did Python programming help you