Music made before 1930 is royalty-free
The music of the Roaring Twenties
The best way to get started is of course with the Comedian Harmonists. The sextet is considered the best-known German group of the time and was also internationally successful. Songs like "A friend, a good friend" or "Veronika, the spring is there" are immortal classics. After the First World War, the conventions were broken further and further. The nightlife of the "Roaring Twenties" was downright exuberant and revealing. This was especially true in the big cities, but people also liked to meet in the country to dance in the clubhouse.
A dance wave sloshes across the pond
During this time, classical dances such as the waltz or foxtrot were danced, but tango was also very popular. Even before the First World War, the disreputable tango had spread across the country against all opposition from the emperor. At the end of the 1920s, however, the new dances from America attracted particular attention: Shimmy, Lindy Hop and, above all, the Charleston once again triggered a veritable wave of dance and caused horror among the churches and conservatives.
Golden times for the hit
Aside from the big classics and American imports, the hit changed quite a bit in the twenties. For example, numerous nonsense texts were composed - inspired by Dadaism. Examples are: "Who just rolled the cheese to the train station?" or "My parrot doesn't eat hard eggs". Also nice: "You were bathed too hot as a child". But the twenties weren't all crazy hits. The lyrics were pretty frivolous at times. "Miss, don't you want a child of mine?", "If Elisabeth didn't have such beautiful legs", "If I need love, then I'll go to Pauline" are all titles that express the somewhat more permissive morality that Back then it was mainly in the nightlife. Back then, the musicians were masters of the subtext, for example in "My sweetie wants to go sailing with me on Sunday", which was sung in a version by Paul Goodwin.
- Street smart is seen as a skill
- Why is Hawaii a terrible place
- What should I give my writer friend
- Where is the cheapest beer in London
- What is the best game development software
- Would Serbian men go out with Turkish women?
- How can we stop nuclear reactions?
- Is Julian a spanish name
- What were Sacagawea's rules of life?
- God answers the prayers of atheists
- What does Petit Matin mean in French
- Organic farms use organic pesticides
- Why is SMS useful in business
- Who is your favorite 1940s band?
- What is the discount broker concept
- Whore the offline payment gateways in Germany
- Will Indonesia collapse in 2021
- Are cuddly toys better than Barbie
- What is the nature of synergy
- What is a K-wire used for?
- A division is possible
- When did architects start using computers?
- Is AB positive a rare blood group
- Why did Twitter add direct messages
- What is the best bagel shop in Manhattan
- What is the closest beach to Indiana
- To what extent can matter be changed
- How can I copy bookmarks from Chrome
- How do I train my brachialis
- What is the full form of CKP
- What is the Order of Judgment and the Decree
- Words can change the world
- Doctors should talk to their patients more
- What are the packages in UPTU