Do you have a fart fetish?
SPUTNIKer at work Your partner's farts will extend your life
Yes, you read that right, a research team from the University of Exeter found that inhaling your partner's stinky farts is good because the gases can fight disease. So if your partner is sitting in bed waiting next to you tonight and staring at you strangely, you know why.
Putrid smelling health hero
The study was published in the journal Medicinal Chemistry Communications and analyzed the effects of the hydrogen sulfide gas, which is produced in small quantities by humans. Although the gas is toxic in large amounts, researchers found that in small amounts it can protect cells from mitochondrial damage.
Although hydrogen sulfide is known to be a pungent, foul-smelling gas from rotten eggs or flatulence, it's actually a health hero and is naturally produced by the body.Researcher Dr. Mark Wood
Fist against cancer
The gas in the farts can surprisingly reduce the risk of various life-threatening diseases - including cancer, strokes, and heart attacks. In old age, it is even said to prevent arthritis and dementia.
University of Exeter Professor Matt Whiteman adds, “When cells are attacked by disease, they release an enzyme that generates tiny amounts of hydrogen sulfide. This keeps the mitochondria running and thus the cell alive. If that didn't happen, the cells would die and lose the ability to control inflammation. "
Key to future therapies
The university team believes it has found a key component for future therapies in its newly developed composition called AP39, provided that it is ensured that the body retains it and produces the right amount of hydrogen sulfide. The scientists claim that AP39 can be placed directly in diseased cells in the body.
According to the researchers, their study showed that in cardiovascular disease models, 80% of the heart mitochondria survived in very poor conditions when AP39 was added. AP39 is also said to help lower blood pressure and improve the chances of surviving a heart attack.
"I did it for love!"
The team now plans to begin testing AP39 on humans. Of course, the team is still at the very beginning and there are no reliable findings yet. Nonetheless, the next time your partner complains about your farts, just tell them that you only did it out of consideration for their heart.
SPUTNIKer at work | 10/27/17 | 10:00 a.m
- Is the Seychelle a good travel destination
- Why do interest rates affect the level of investment
- What are the levels in ResNet
- Is Hebrew a city
- Is Piccolo stronger than Goku
- What is the best Fitbit watch
- Which are known as money market instruments
- America is a friend of Pakistan
- What is meant by turbo generators
- Killed Eric Holder Nipsey Hussle
- Why does Cha Cha no longer support SMS
- Can FASTag be successful in India
- What breed of dog are they
- What are some goddesses of magic
- Why is pine tar illegal in baseball
- Self-consciousness is really just death consciousness
- Windows 10 has a boot sound
- How to make healthy dog food
- Is nanotechnology a good discipline to study
- How much does a single tooth implant cost
- Is the cradle cap harmful if left untreated?
- Which is the best ballpoint pen
- What do most couples misunderstand about money?
- Was sold to JCPenney