What are the different types of oranges
Four groups of citrus fruits
The grapefruit is a cross between the grapefruit and the orange. While the grapefruit, which comes from Asia, is characterized by its thin yellow skin and tart taste, the grapefruit is encased in a yellow skin with a pink sheen.
Translated, grapefruit means "grape fruit" - the fruits grow as close together as grapes. They taste sourly bitter and not very sweet.
Important grapefruit varieties are the white-fleshed Marsh Grapefruit and the pink Ruby Red and Star Red. The large, yellow-green and pear-shaped pomelo is a cross between grapefruit and grapefruit. It measures ten to 30 centimeters on average and can weigh up to six kilograms.
The tangerine has its sweet taste and is very popular as a snack. Since its peel is easy to remove, it is also called Easy Peeler. The clementine is a well-known variety of mandarin that contains a lot of fructose and little acid. The Satsuma is a bit more sour in taste.
Of the approximately 400 orange varieties, only around 15 have established themselves in commercial cultivation. The trade differentiates the fruits according to the color of the pulp in blonde, half-blood and blood oranges.
Well-known representatives of the blonde oranges are Navels. They're seedless, juicy, and easy to peel. Half-blood oranges have an irregularly colored, yellowish-red skin and differently reddish flesh.
The name blood oranges are only given to fruits whose skin and pulp are evenly colored deep red. A bitter-tasting relative of the orange is the bitter orange.
The golden apple (Citrus aurantium) used to be a popular ornamental fruit in the orangeries of many castles. Today the large fruits are mainly processed into orange jam and jam.
They are juicy but so sour that they are inedible like other fruits. However, their vitamin C-rich juice is a proven home remedy for colds and a popular ingredient in food and drinks. Many use the grated peel of untreated lemons as a spice, for example as a baking flavor.
Two types of lemon in particular are known: the juicy Primofiori with a small nipple at the end of the fruit and the larger, less juicy Verna.
The small and almost seedless limes can be recognized by their green skin. The very juicy fruits are an indispensable part of cocktails such as mojito or caipirinha.
- Why doesn't God seem to be helping
- Is it safe to work in Jakarta?
- What's the favorite food in Edmonton
- What is the binary equivalent of 8
- Which teams at Google take interns
- What is interdependence? What causes it
- Which instrument should I learn to play?
- What is a paver
- What are different features of Instagram coming up
- Who will win the race NASA or ISRO
- What is the hardest job in the world
- How was Everton F C founded
- What are the implications 1
- Why do ants feel attracted to my underwear
- Mosquitoes have a view at night
- How CEOs are paid out of equity
- Which signal is noise
- Can I mount the bearing on the spline shaft
- Joe Biden is a fake progressive
- Health Benefits of Drinking Soy Milk
- How do I learn German without coaching
- Cuba has car scraps
- Where's Teahupoo
- India would be better off without division