GP formulas in math
Calculate with percentages with the formulas
bettermarks »Math book» Algebra and functions »Assignments, percentages and interest» Percentage and interest calculation with the rule of three and formulas »Calculating with percentages with the formulas
In these explanations you will learn how you can use formulas to calculate a percentage, base or percentage value and how you can determine an increased or decreased base value.
You can use a formula to determine a percentage (p%), base value (G) or percentage value (W).
of the 1,300 employees are female, they are female employees.
How many are from? W = ___ m
What percentage are of? p% = ___%
How many grams was it in total if there are? G = ___ g
Calculate increased or decreased base value
You can increase or decrease basic values by a percentage by calculating the corresponding percentage value and then adding or subtracting it. Increased base value: Add the calculated percentage value to the base value. Decreased base value: Subtract the calculated percentage value from the base value. An increased or decreased base value can also be calculated directly. To do this, you have to multiply the old basic value by the appropriate factor. Factor for the increased base value: Factor for the reduced base value:
Base value G increased by p%: G
Base value G reduced by p%: G
Determine the reduced basic value with subtraction
Decrease by. Reduced base value: ___ km?
Determine the reduced base value
Reduced base value: km?
Determine the increased basic value with addition
Multiply. Increased basic value: ___ m
Determine increased basic value
Increased basic value: m
Derivation of the formulas
The formulas for calculating the percentage, base and percentage value correspond exactly to the rule of three. The two steps from the rule of three table are combined here into one calculation step.
- Why won't Muslims wipe out ISIS themselves?
- How long should jeans be
- Why stock up on government bonds
- Are non-Muslims afraid of Islam
- How many laws does England have
- What are some good vanilla ganache recipes
- How are rye and whiskey different?
- What are your most wanted unreleased albums
- Which new startups do you know
- What are the different types of novels
- Which philosophy dominates
- What started the romance
- Why do you like your panda so much
- Which is better dairy cow or Buffelo
- What does adoption actually mean?
- How did Poland defeat Russia in 1921
- What's the rest of 747 11 777
- Long-term travelers prepare for retirement
- You can consume alcohol while taking fluoxetine
- What is 328 IPC
- What is a butcher block
- Why have companies genetically modified plants?
- What are you doing on social media
- Why do city lights flicker from afar