Drink too much alcohol badly
A drink in the evening relaxes after a stressful day at the office. At funny parties it can be one more. But when is it too much?
Many Germans like to have a drink in between. Especially after a hard day in the office, for many there is nothing better than relaxing with a good meal or in front of the TV with a bottle of beer or some wine.
Very few have a guilty conscience: after all, dear grandmother drank a glass of red wine in the evening until she was old - because of the many antioxidants in it. But anyone who drinks more than the praised glass in one evening is sure to start pondering.
Is my alcohol consumption still safe?
According to a recent UK study Especially those in their forties and up regularly drink large amounts of alcohol. The British National Health Service goes even further: It suspects that around one in ten men and one in 20 women in Great Britain is already heavily dependent on alcohol. In contrast, according to the Federal Statistical Office around three million people in Germany be. Actress Muriel Baumeister also once struggled with alcohol.
How do I know if I have already crossed the border?
There are clear indications of this, said psychiatrist Paul McLaren of the Priory’s Fenchurch Street Wellbeing Center in London to the UK's Huffington Post. "Alcohol is potentially harmful to every user, and the effects of alcohol can be different for every person. It is not enough just to know how many units of alcohol are safe. It is also important to understand how you handle alcohol personally which methods of coping with stress are generally used and how your body reacts to alcohol."
According to McLaren, those who want to know more should ask themselves the following questions:
- Is alcohol important to me?
- Would I rather go have a drink than do something else?
- Does it affect the rest of the day if I have a drink?
- Does my choice of transport depend on my alcohol consumption?
- Does my alcohol consumption affect my leisure activities and my loved ones?
- Do I make my travel destinations dependent on whether I can drink alcohol in these places?
- Am I more willing to spend on alcohol than on other things?
- Do I know before I drink that I will have a hangover afterwards?
If you can answer "yes" to most of the questions, you should think about your alcohol consumption as soon as possible, says McLaren. Also other behaviors like that Hiding bottles or drinking during work hours, can be an indication that something is wrong.
Here are 13 more signs that you are drinking too much
1. Without alcohol, you will find it harder to have fun or relax.
2. You regularly consume more than 14 units of alcohol per week. That means one and a half bottles of wine with a low alcohol content (eleven percent by volume), three quarters of a bottle of wine with a high alcohol content (14 percent by volume) or six to eight cans of beer (depending on the alcohol content).
3. You wonder where you can get your next drink and make activities with friends, family or work colleagues dependent on whether you can drink alcohol with it.
4. You drink out of habit and once you start it is difficult to stop.
5. When you wake up after a night of partying, you want to keep drinking right away.
6. You regularly wake up with tears in the film because you got excessively drunk the night before.
7. Your alcohol consumption triggers anxiety, alcohol-related depression, and thoughts of suicide.
8. You suffer from physical withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, tremors or nausea and the only way to stop these symptoms is to consume alcohol.
9. Some of your loved ones have raised concerns about your alcohol consumption.
10. You are not telling your loved one how much you really drink.
11. You take risks - and drive, for example, drunk or slightly drunk.
12. You drink alcohol during your lunch break and then continue to work.
13. You try to hide your alcohol plume with chewing gum or mouth sprays.
However, it is not always possible to tell from an alcohol addict how bad things are already for them. Some still manage their everyday life well or behave normally on the outside. "Everyone should consider whether their financial situation or the ability to meet their day-to-day obligations is influenced by how much alcohol they drink," adds therapist Claire Rimmer from the addiction department at Priory Hospital in Altrincham, Cheshire, England.
"Try yourself sometimes 'to medicate yourself', if it problems at home, in private life or at work? Have you lied or lied about your alcohol consumption before? keep it a secret from othershow much do you drink, for example by hiding bottles or cans? "
But what to do if the signs apply to me?
Then the first step has usually already been taken, says Rimmer. After all, you first have to recognize for yourself that you have a problem. After that, you should talk to family and friends about it.
Those who are not so deeply caught up in the vortex of addiction should set themselves the next goal, the To reduce alcohol units - or better to stop drinking altogether. To do this, it is advisable to set an exact date from which you will no longer want to drink.
In addition, invitations or bad influence on the part of friends should be avoided as far as possible. And you should "be prepared for the fact that things could be difficult and that some things could change in your life," explains Rimmer. A new hobby can helpto rearrange the thoughts and to redirect them to other things.
However, if you want to make an exception at parties, it is ultimately advisable to only consume drinks with a low alcohol content or more water or soft drinks and to skip drinking sessions altogether.
From Jasmin Pospiech
The clever ones drink more:
- Who controls the economy under capitalism
- How Eventbrite Attracts Users
- How do direct sales campaigns work
- What are the cons of LBC
- How do knowledge, wisdom and experience intersect?
- What are the best things about mothers
- How good is it to migrate to Australia
- What Darkseid means is mean
- Is the ONGC a good company
- What is the nature of synergy
- Why is key account management important
- Reykjavik is the capital of whichever country
- What is a pension analysis
- Was sold to JCPenney
- Why was the Apple company founded?
- How can i go to google
- What does the STEM homework look like in college
- Have vivid dreams at night
- Where do restaurants buy their products
- Why are flat earth chips no longer being produced?
- How do I disable ByteFence Antivirus
- What are bendable aluminum strips
- Why do organisms multiply 2
- How credible is Futuretimeline Net