Why is Doordarshan not making progress
Appeal from the new president
India gave itself the greatest gift on the 50th anniversary of its independence with the election of its head of state.
Never in the history of the country has there been such a balanced representation of all regions as now. President Kocheril Raman Narayanan is from the south, Prime Minister Kumar Gujral is from the north-west and President of Parliament Purno Agitok Sangma is from the north-east.
In his inaugural address over the weekend, Narayanan remembered Mahatma Gandhi and the founding fathers of the constitution, who promised India's people "social, economic and political justice" 50 years ago. “We have made tremendous progress in every respect since independence in food self-sufficiency, education, and health care. The country has become a formidable economic and scientific-technical power in the world, ”Narayanan said. But excessive pursuit of political power has often overshadowed people's social and economic needs.
“The underprivileged classes, like the Registered Castes and Tribes, the
Minorities as well as women, who alone make up half of the population, and the poor in every layer of our society "- so the president's appeal, even a Dalit (caste) -" must convey a feeling of participation and empowerment regardless of religion or caste to get."
A few hours after Narayanan's assumption of office, Chief Minister Laloo Prasad Yadav, who was seriously suspected of corruption, resigned in the state of Bihar and made his wife his successor. This saved the president from a delicate task right at the beginning of his term of office. He was faced with the difficult decision to impose presidential rule over Bihar. The United Front government, on the other hand, sees itself in a quandary despite Yadav's resignation. His party, Rashtriya Janata Dal, is not accepted into the United Front, but paradoxically has several government ministers. Their fate is uncertain.
Almost at the same time as Narayanan's swearing in, the government announced the adoption of a new radio and television law. After that, from September All India Radio and Doordarshan-TV will form independent bodies and no longer be the mouthpieces of the government. An important democratic step in the 50th year of independence, as Minister of Information Jaipal Reddy said.
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, our work as an author, editor, technician or publishing employee is reflected in every published article. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- Xamarin is free for commercial use
- How do I join AFMS
- How much do scribes earn per hour
- Is it safe to use Microsoft OneDrive?
- Can we get gasoline from diesel?
- Do crabs hurt when cooked alive
- Who owns the most expensive bike in India
- What are sequences and series
- What do the Japanese love about Bali?
- How can Indian democracy be changed
- What is WP Security
- What is meant by factoring?
- Which founding fathers were against the US Constitution
- Who is Keith Urban married to
- How are cartilage and bones formed
- What was the cholera epidemic
- Joe Biden is a fake progressive
- Had Sherlock Holmes children
- Is racism genetically inherited
- What are some good black metal songs
- What is the best camera in 2019
- Which YouTube celebrities received untrained home schooling
- Are men regarded as the standard in society
- How do camera sensors work
- Why do people misjudge Indian culture
- What are MG and CA.
- How to bake brie cheese
- Can a culture have universal values?
- What makes people believe in jokes
- Which vacation makes you angry the most
- Is the HTC 10 Mobile good
- What are some leisure activities in Brazil
- Attorneys can serve subpoena