So you are online
Secure passwords - this is how it works
Tips beyond secure passwords
Two-factor method: Many online service providers offer procedures with which you have to identify yourself in addition to the password in a second way in order to be able to log in. This so-called two-factor authentication is available in numerous variants, e.g. as a code via SMS, with a TAN generator for online banking or an app. Caution: Even with such a procedure, you should not do without secure passwords!
Unlock your smartphone: On the smartphone, it is particularly convenient to have passwords saved in the apps so that you do not have to re-enter them every time you start. That carries additional risks. If the smartphone is stolen, the thief could gain access to online banking and other accounts. Therefore, save as few passwords as possible on your device.
Many smartphones can be encrypted - use this option, not only when you save passwords on the device.
You should also set up an automatic screen lock and choose the most secure method to unlock it. We give tips on the advantages and disadvantages of patterns, fingerprints and the like.
Login alliances / single sign-on: There are solutions from providers such as Facebook, Google, Amazon or "Verimi" and "NetID" to log into other apps and pages with their login data. The procedure is called "single sign-on". We are not only critical of this from the point of view of data protection (these companies can find out, for example, when and where you have registered). A central login to one of these services also means that criminals can easily access many of your other user accounts in the event of a data leak. Read more about this here.
- Why are scars shiny?
- Is Gowasu and Zamasu Goku Black
- Why can only Scottish men wear skirts
- Personal websites are now obsolete
- What marketable majors are there in USC
- What does 100 percentile mean
- How is Iceland in June
- What are the best competitive platform websites
- What is a Marketing Contest
- UproFX is a legitimate forex trader
- What could help the 2045 initiative project?
- Wealth can make you a sad person
- Which Bollywood actors do you miss on screen
- Who is a smart tester or developer
- How to make oats overnight
- Americans use the word behind it
- Why should Plan B become Plan A.
- How do computers decide about random numbers
- What are examples of metabolism
- What are your favorite Linkin Park songs
- Do I need an editor
- Can Poshmark be a full time job
- How can I kiss my girlfriend
- Is India a nightmare for foreign tourists?
- What is Atresia Coli
- What are phosphate minerals
- Why do teenagers lose hair
- How can I permanently delete a thought
- What are website maintenance services
- What are some unknown events in India
- Why do sockets have switches
- How do I fry chestnuts
- Eternal movement is self-supporting energy
- How much does carbon monoxide cost