What is the function of ABS pipes
Pipe systems> ABS pipe systems> ABS pipes
ABS pipes can be used in a temperature range from - 40 ° C to + 60 ° C, depending on the medium and conditions of use. ABS pipes are glued with a special adhesive from DURAPIP. Kwerk.de offers a range of ABS pipes in the dimension range from d 16 to d 315 mm. The pressure level is limited to 10 bar / 8 bar. We have divided the fittings made of ABS into the following categories and fields of application. ABS fittings as adhesive fittings, both sides are designed as adhesive sockets. ABS transition fittings, here one side is designed as an adhesive socket and the other side as an internal or external thread. ABS threaded fittings are threaded on both sides. ABS fittings are divided into different categories: ABS ball valve, ABS diaphragm valve, ball check valves made of ABS, ABS ventilation valves and ABS butterfly valves, etc. We would like to expressly point out that the pipes, fittings, fittings and accessories are brand quality. This quality has a price. We do not compare ourselves here with cheap providers from Asia or other regions of the world. The approvals speak for themselves and make us a reliable partner for industry, chemistry and process engineering. We would be happy to send you a free offer if required.
Acryonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is an amorphous thermoplastic.
Due to its mechanical properties, its good chemical resistance and its high impact strength in the low temperature range, the material ABS is suitable for a large number of possible applications.
Advantages of the ABS system
The excellent material properties of ABS are based on the specially adjusted composition of the material components acrylonitrile, butadiene and styrene. While acrylonitrile improves the aging and heat resistance as well as an improved chemical resistance, the styrene components have an influence on the strength, processability and the high surface quality. The chemically bound butadiene components give the ABS pipes, ABS fittings and ABS fittings its high impact strength and strength, even at low temperatures.
Behavior of ABS in outdoor use
ABS piping systems have good weather resistance in Central European climate zones north of the Alps, even when exposed to the short-wave UV components of sunlight. Nevertheless, ABS loses some of its impact resistance, so that in extreme applications it is advantageous to protect the material by means of pipe insulation, a pipe cover or a protective coating.
In general, ABS is characterized by high resistance to a large number of chemicals. ABS can be classified as resistant to water, aqueous salt solutions, many acids and bases and a large number of antifreeze agents. There is a limited resistance to aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils and fats. ABS is not resistant to chlorinated and aromatic hydrocarbons, organic acids and solvents, esters and ketones. The chemical resistance, however, depends on many factors, such as the operating temperature, the operating pressure, the concentration and other influences. In a specific case, you can look up the resistance in our resistance list or contact our technician.
Temperature and pressure application ranges
ABS can be used in the temperature range from - 40 ° C to + 60 ° C. ABS softens relatively quickly above + 60 ° C. With regard to the internal pressure resistance of ABS pipes and ABS fittings, we refer to the “pressure-temperature diagram” above. The maximum internal pressure resistance of ABS fittings can be found in the instructions for the respective fittings, or you can contact our product management.
ABS piping systems are connected to one another by gluing. The production of adhesive connections requires sufficient specialist knowledge (see DVS regulations). Adhesive training is offered by Kwerk. For the procedure for creating an adhesive connection, please observe the special specifications of the adhesive suppliers or the adhesive instructions published by the KRV (Kunststoffrohrverband e.V.).
All of the above information has been created with the greatest care and to the best of our knowledge. However, no liability can be derived from the content.
Further information can be found in the drop-down menu to the right of the article. Or give us a call.
- What are ways to cook Gaensee eggs
- If 63 75x 46 what is x
- Junction tables require a primary key
- How are the faculties at Thapar University
- What are the different kitchen appliances
- Annie is a good nickname for Anthony
- Why does work bring personal satisfaction
- What is Republican caucus
- Should I wear tapered Adidas pants?
- Dating is a must before marriage
- How to fix inconsistent internet speed
- What does Undisclosed Income mean
- What is a sales budget 1
- Is Brexit irreversible?
- How does a planar polarized light work
- What are two causes of the spread
- Why am I intimidated by confident people
- What is Research Charity
- What is meant by refrain in literature
- CaOCl2 is a formula whose compounds
- Are there really Russian bots on Twitter
- Does ice transfer heat or does the transfer work
- What's so good about the Likee app
- How often do you have negative thoughts
- Can I get my WhatsApp verification code?
- We have to study for grades
- What causes social anxiety in school
- Standard Android is better than custom user interface
- What is the purpose of skout
- How profitable is the 100% satisfaction guarantee
- How does a security camera work
- What is the best trap for coyotes
- Any tools can generate SEO content automatically
- What is the main product of SAP