Are dragonflies canivores
Dragonfly: Information in the animal lexicon
Dragonflies (Odonata) are insects (Insecta) and belong to the subclass of flying insects (Pterygota). They are subdivided into dragonflies, small dragonflies, slender dragonflies, pond maids, feather dragonflies, large dragonflies, noble dragonflies, sail dragonflies, river maids, spring dragonflies and flanked dragonflies.
General information about the dragonfly
Dragonflies are very showy insects. They have a long, thin, mostly colored body. Eyes and wings are quite large. The wingspan of dragonflies is between two and 20 centimeters. They have thin legs and short antennae. The dragonfly can move its two pairs of wings independently of each other. This makes it very manoeuvrable and in some cases can even fly backwards. Well-known dragonfly species with us are, for example, the azure damsel, the darter, different rush damsel, different dragonflies or the fire dragonfly. The most conspicuous native dragonflies are colored red or blue-green.
What does a dragonfly eat?
Dragonflies mainly feed on other insects. The prey animals are caught with the front legs during the flight and then cut up on the lower lip, the so-called bowl. Sometimes they also eat other, smaller dragonflies.
How does a dragonfly live?
There are habitats for dragonflies all over the world (except in Antarctica). They are always found in the vicinity of water, as their larvae live in the water. This insect spends most of its life flying. It can go up to 50 kilometers per hour. Even mating is done in flight. The eggs are then laid in the water. The larvae then hatch from the eggs. They are surrounded by a shell that only bursts when they later leave the water. The dragonfly then slips out of the shell. However, it is still not finished. A rest period follows. In most cases it takes a year from egg to adult insect. For the larger dragonflies, even two to three years. The fully developed animal then lives two weeks to eleven months, depending on the species.
Are dragonflies at risk?
Depending on the species, the dragonflies are endangered differently. In Germany around two thirds of the native species are endangered, twenty percent are even threatened with extinction and are under species protection. The reason for this is mainly the pollution and drainage of water bodies. This deprives the dragonfly of its habitat.
- Surname: Dragonfly
- Scientific name: Odonata
- size: Wingspan from 2 to 20 centimeters
- lifespan: 2 weeks to 11 months
- habitat: anywhere in the world close to water
- nutrition: Insects
- What are some societal problems in nursing
- Why is standardized testing fair
- Which elements connections form the black holes
- Does it really matter who writes first?
- What do most YouTubers use for animation?
- Is it possible to block cell phone data?
- Is Britain America's partner in crime
- What varied cuisine is there in India?
- Scientists eat GMO foods
- Sing only in SATB choirs
- What is a pension analysis
- Who is the youngest painter today?
- Why are some girls born with PCOD
- Why does the sea temperature change
- What is your biggest problem with abandoning the shopping cart?
- What kind of generator should I buy
- Is Akka Framework CEP Engine
- Why are Duracell batteries so expensive
- Has Donald Trump ever been watched yawning
- Why are there so few architect entrepreneurs?
- How do you say famous in Vietnamese
- How SEO can help you advertise
- Has a ghost ever spoken to you
- How do I make a biodegradable Tupperware