How should I learn database system concepts
Database systems: concepts and models
To attend the lecture, please refer to the Moodle course enroll. Information about the lecture, exercise or exam and other announcements will only be communicated via the Moodle. The course is activated at the beginning of the semester.
This course serves to deepen and broaden the database-specific content from the courseInformation systems. The content from this course that is relevant for understanding is, however, briefly repeated so that you can follow the material even if you have not attended this course. We also address other courses of study or interested master’s students who would like to deepen their knowledge in the field of databases. The following topics are dealt with in detail:
- Data modeling with ERM
- Basics of relational database systems: relational data model, functional and multi-valued dependencies and normal forms
- Advanced SQL programming: stored procedures, PL / SQL, triggers, recursive SQL
- Selected internals of DBMS: persistent storage, index structures, query optimization and transactions
- Aspects of the expandability of database management systems (DBMS)
- Selected aspects of current database technologies
- Data science aspects in the context of medical data
Basic knowledge of relational databases, as taught in the bachelor's program Programming Systems, is an advantage. The relevant basics are recapitulated again for career changers.
The lecture materials for the lecture are managed via Moodle and offered there.
The exercises serve to deepen the material of the lecture in a meaningful way through selected tasks. They take place on a topic-specific basis and (mostly) every 2 weeks. The dates of the exercises are communicated in the lecture and via the Moodle course.
time and place
The first lecture will take place on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020.
Further information is available from the Moodle course.
every winter semester
The course can be taken at the end of the semester in the form of a written exam.
- Healthy people are happier
- When did the French language first appear?
- Should your company accept crypto currency
- Why do dogs like to eat onions
- Agriculture becomes too industrialized
- How much vacation do army officers get
- How fake news is spread in India
- What if Sansa Stark married Willas Tyrell
- Why did you buy a fantasy book
- What gives the eyes their color
- Where can I learn about needle tatting?
- What is the hottest crypto token right now
- What are the best boolybood movies
- What's interesting about finance
- How is NIT Bhopal
- Who designed the Gmail logo
- Truth is stranger than fiction
- What is fatty liver disease in cats
- What is XLogP3 in chemistry
- What is Ultra Instinct in Dragon Ball
- Is NASA comparable to ISRO
- How do I solve HackerEarth problems
- Can old tweets be hashtagged later?
- What is the worst restaurant in Texas
- What happens if the drought persists
- What is a manchester cake
- What kind of French song is that by Celine Dion
- Is Ikes Lair open on Christmas Day
- Is BBA better than BS Wirtschaft
- What are umbrellas
- Saudi Arabia has atheist groups
- The Heartbleed vulnerability has been resolved
- What is Windows Update Error Code 8007000e
- Overreacts badly why or why not