How to Promote Your Website
Job search deluxe: Apply with your own homepage
Carefully put together application folders are yesterday. Anyone who really wants to impress in the digital age applies with their own homepage. The best thing about it: You don't even have to be able to program for it.
- An application homepage has a huge reach.
- You can create them without any programming knowledge.
- Use media opportunities such as videos.
- Spread your new website.
Dedicated applicants use technical possibilities to attract attention. For example, your own application website. There you can leave all the information that will convince a company to hire you - from a résumé to an introductory video. Admittedly, setting up your own homepage for your application is the supreme discipline. But it can be worth the effort. Because hardly anything is more impressive - if it is done well. We can reassure anyone who shy away from the technical effort. A convincing application is also possible without your own homepage. If you want to make it easy for yourself, you can use our free editors to create your cover letter and résumé: Create your application now. Everyone else read on here. If you would like to have your own application website, but still need a little motivation boost for implementation, you should read these advantages carefully:
- Gigantic range: your homepage can be accessed from any device with internet access, be it a smartphone, tablet or laptop. You can reach thousands of companies - without sending a single application. (Read in the last section of the article how to attract the companies to your side)
- Passive application: Instead of looking for jobs yourself, you can turn the tables and be found by employers.
- Freedom of design: While you are bound to the available display options in applications on paper or in the online form, you can design an application homepage with the necessary knowledge very freely.
- Media diversity: Of course, you don't have to limit yourself to texts and a portrait photo on your homepage. For example, you can include a video where you introduce yourself. This way, companies immediately have a much better impression of you.
A question of technology
Fortunately, the days when you had to study computer science to get your own homepage online are over. In the meantime there are countless providers who not only provide you with the necessary storage space, but also deliver entire construction kits with which you can assemble your website piece by piece - without having to program a single line. It is up to you which service provider you use. Large providers such as Wordpress provide storage space free of charge. However, you cannot then freely choose the address of your website. If you want to approach it more professionally, you should register an incoming domain, for example www.vorname-nachname.de or www.berufsbezeichnung-wohnort.de. This has the advantage that the address is more concise and only costs a small annual fee of a few euros.
The right content
We come to the essential part of an application homepage: the content. What should you show the world on your website? First of all, it's important to be clear: if you want to use a homepage to find a job, so should you exclusively use for it. If you share the most beautiful holiday pictures with your friends or blog about your football club at the same time, it confuses all visitors - your football colleagues as well as the HR manager of your dream company. Instead, a good application homepage contains:
- Information about your training: The structure is based on that of your résumé. So tell backwards and start with your last graduation.
- Work experience: The same order applies here. In theory, you have more space available on your website, but in practice you shouldn't use it. A visitor shouldn't have to scroll down several pages to find the most interesting information.
- Work samples: No matter what industry you are in - don't miss the chance to convince HR managers with your previous achievements. You have all the technical possibilities to present your work: from texts to photos to videos. Choose the medium that best shows off your successes.
- Yourselves: Nowhere do you have a better chance to introduce yourself than on your own application website. Of course, a professional photo is mandatory. In addition, you can introduce yourself in a short video. Tell them what makes you stand out and what motivates you in your work life. But be careful: The rule “all or not at all” applies here. Only post videos online that are professionally recorded. No cell phone videos with a front camera in which the roommates are walking through the picture in the background!
- Downloads: Do not forget to offer all important documents, such as curriculum vitae or work samples, for download. The HR manager can pass it on to colleagues or print it out. Make sure that all files are available in a popular format such as PDF.
By the way, you can create your CV here free of charge with just a few clicks - and save it directly as a PDF: Create your CV now
Last but not least: How to be found on the internet
There are millions of websites in the world. It is unlikely that someone will stumble upon your homepage by accident. You need to promote your homepage so that companies that you would like to work for will find you. There are several ways to do this:
- In social networks: Nowhere else can digital content be disseminated as well as on social media. Make sure that the link to your homepage is visible on Facebook, Twitter & Co. The chances of professional success are greatest on Xing, include your homepage in a prominent place in your profile. After all, HR managers are specifically looking for talented employees here.
- In your application: The application homepage can supplement your conventional applications. If you've already made the effort, be sure to include the URL to your contact information. Preferably directly under the email address. In this way you can convince the HR manager with additional information and your drive.
- On Google: Most of the people use this search engine to crawl the internet. Even if this is not your preferred source of dissemination because of the fierce competition, it can't hurt to be found under certain search terms. These include: your occupation as well as your place of residence or region and certain key skills that distinguish you.
- Is hijab exclusively for Muslim Islam
- We can withdraw money at any time
- What is potassium chloride in?
- Mark Zuckerberg cares about his Facebook himself
- Should I be teaching English in Asia again?
- Contributes sugar to hyperparathyroidism
- How do I start a family office
- What are some good medical diagnostic software
- What do you know about psychopaths
- Prayer helps heal illnesses
- How competitive is the Erasmus Mundus grant
- Multiple payment gateways in Magento
- How can I install Google Chrome
- Why do rails always shine
- How does the climate affect people's culture?
- Does the president pay any bills
- What is the use of slime
- How do camera sensors work
- How can business help our budgetary management
- How are DC and AC signals amplified
- How do you deal with exclusion
- What are some economic theories related to commons
- Why do the French despise privatization?
- What purpose do dryer sheets serve
- How do most ethnic conflicts end up being resolved?
- Which image formats are supported by Quora
- On Quora, what feels best
- How can wastewater be treated?
- What is infatuation
- What is EPABX
- What is the cash value of cash
- Who has the best peanut butter recipe
- What is Ant Man's secret identity
- What are notch filters and equalizers