What started the romance
The Brothers Grimm - fairy tale collectors
- Des Knaben Wunderhorn: Folk song collection by Arnim and Brentano (Source: Public Domain)
In contrast to all other epochs, one distinguishes three literary centers in Romanticism, which mark the different stages:
1. The Jena Romanticism (= early Romanticism)
2. The Heidelberg Romanticism (= High Romanticism)
3. The Berlin Romanticism (= late Romanticism)
Early Romanticism / Jena Romanticism (1798-1804)
Jena was the center of early romanticism. It was above all the brothers August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767-1845) and Friedrich Schlegel (1772-1829) who had a great influence on the preparation of romantic thought. August Wilhelm is still considered the leading Shakespeare translator to this day. Together with Novalis - Georg Friedrich Philipp von Hardenberg (1772-1801), Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph Schelling (1775-1854) and many others, the early romanticists campaigned for the promotion of world literature. They published their writings in literary magazines such as the "Athenaeum" (the most important romantic periodical).
High Romanticism / Heidelberg Romanticism (1804-1818)
In Heidelberg a group of poets came together around Joseph Freiherr von Eichendorff (1788-1857), Achim von Arnim (1781-1831) and Clemens Brentano (1778-1842). Brentano and Arnim have emerged with poetry, prose, and an influential collection of folk songs. Eichendorff also took up the rediscovered folk song, and even his poems became folk songs through the setting of famous composers.
The high romantics, including the Brothers Grimm, promoted folk poetry in particular (legends, fairy tales, etc.).
Late Romanticism / Berlin Romanticism (1816-1835)
The center of late Romanticism was Berlin, with Stuttgart also playing an important role as the center of the "Swabian Poet School". Ludwig Uhland (1787-1862) and Gustav Schwab (1792-1850) were representatives of this school of poets. The works, poems and stories that emerged in this last phase of Romanticism were formative for the entire epoch. E.T.A. Hoffmann (1776-1822) and Joseph von Eichendorff (1788-1857) had the greatest influence on this.
- How does AWS Network Virtualization VPC
- How does soil fertility affect plant growth
- How do I find cheap flights online
- Which color of the leggings goes with all kurtis
- Where is the M16 Viper used?
- Is nanotechnology a good discipline to study
- Costs every book on Kindle
- How did our ancestors look for knowledge
- What does imaginary slope mean?
- What is cladistics
- House flipping is still a good investment
- Does Stray Kids have any ballads
- Do pediatricians deal with blood
- Has Twitter offices in India
- Are non-Muslims afraid of Islam
- Is Cynodon Dactylon Wind pollinated
- Enjoy learning Vietnamese
- What is molality, molarity and normality
- Why are there so many Indian YouTubers
- Well worth PBN in 2019
- How do I open a pizzeria
- What are the number methods in Python
- Some atheists pray
- If x 6 8 what is x