What is spirometry
Spirometry (lung function test)
A spirometry only takes a few minutes. The examination is carried out sitting or standing, as the expansion of the lungs or the chest is greatest in this posture. The examination can also be carried out lying down, but in this case lower measured values are to be expected.
After a detailed explanation of the examination procedure, the nose is closed with a clamp. The patient then receives a mouthpiece that is connected to the spirometer with a hose. This must be kept firmly in the mouth and possibly fixed with the teeth. At the request of the medical assistant, certain breathing maneuvers must be carried out.
With the help of these different breathing maneuvers, different air volume sizes and breathing flows can be determined. For certain questions it is necessary to repeat the examination after administering a spray that dilates the bronchi.
Lung diseases that can be differentiated using spirometry can be divided into two main groups:
- Restrictive lung disease are characterized by a reduced expandability of the lungs or the chest (e.g. in the case of pulmonary fibrosis, effusion or elevated diaphragm).
- Obstructive pulmonary disease are caused by narrowed airways (e.g. asthma, COPD).
- What is unipole advertising
- How do I get YouTube working again
- Is there an anti-Higgs boson
- Is behavior change a form of education
- Can a lawyer stop a wage bondage?
- Should music be censored
- Who provides executive lists for CRM users
- Do you like ARMS
- How many countries have banned burkhas?
- How do small book publishers make money
- Which religions do not allow divorce
- Are there no confrontational narcissists
- Is homesteading a political act
- What is your email ID 4
- Should I choose UPES or Thapar?
- What are some shocking serial killers
- How to say goodbye in Lithuanian
- Supports the LGA 775 DDR3
- Who can design my dream home
- Is Bob Marley the most famous Jamaican
- How fast is 5g LTE
- Why are menstrual migraines heavier
- What are some myths about math
- Can literature influence the future and how