Includes mass communication mass media
Mass media makes it possible to deliver news to millions of people at virtually the same time. Organizations are usually the authors of these messages and the audience is made up of individuals.
(McLuhan, Marshall, p. 248)
The development and widespread use of printed text in Europe in the 15th century gave rise to an entirely new form of communication. For the first time, a single statement could be duplicated without significant errors and distributed to thousands of people. Initially used to distribute religious texts and pamphlets, this "mass access" to communication quickly became popular and was soon used to pass on news, entertaining texts and legal regulations.
Starting from these first simple "pamphlets", the "mass media", as they are often called, have evolved and now include them Print media (Books, newspapers, magazines) that electronic media (Radio, television, audio, video recordings) and the new media (Computers and computer networks).
These media differ in many ways, but all have the same characteristics that scientists use to define mass communication:
Face-to-face communication takes place via many channels, includes many options for transmitting and receiving messages and is characterized by a high level of complexity.
The situation becomes even more complex if you take into account the many media companies with their production and distribution of millions of statements. They can be received by millions of people who are all participants in face-to-face communication. The intersection between these two forms of communication leads to an image that all communicators and their mutual interaction must include:
The individual elements of this model are now shown in more detail:
- How is art curated
- What purpose do dryer sheets serve
- How is new technology discovered
- What certifications do you need for cybersecurity
- Why does the soil lose its firmness
- Can scraped cats climb?
- Which hobby helped your anxiety the most?
- What is a coffee table book
- What happened when your grandparent died
- Is that a fake tinder profile
- Men are more practical than women
- What are some characteristics of autistic intersubjectivity
- Where is python used most often?
- How can a scientist define paranormal activity
- Is Garam Masala good for your health
- How do you connect with animals
- Can I get my WhatsApp verification code?
- Why don't you reply to messages
- What truth do people oppose?
- Is an athlete's foot under the skin
- How did the Mexican cholo culture begin
- How do I filter the time in Excel
- Why the album cover seems blurry
- Blondes and redheads become rare at some point