What is collective catharsis
Languages of Emotion
By capturing tragedy in its effect as catharsis (purification) of tragic emotions (fear and pity), Aristotle ensures a discussion that continues to this day. Jacob Bernays breaks with the moral (Lessing) and aesthetic (Goethe) catharsis tradition in his philological treatise "Fundamentals of the lost treatise of Aristotle on the effects of tragedy" (1857). Instead he brings the "Sollicitation", i. H. the targeted arousal and "discharge" of the emotions into the discussion.
Josef Breuer and Sigmund Freud follow this impulse when they describe their hysterical therapy as a "cathartic method" in the "Studies on Hysteria" (1895); Friedrich Nietzsche, too, has referred to Bernays since the "Birth of Tragedy" (1872) and places the cathartic "discharge" at the service of increased life.
The focus of the project is the redefinition and delimitation of the term, which is no longer only discussed in the classic fields of poetics and ethics, religion and politics, but also in medicine and psychology, as well as in aesthetics and cultural theory. With Bernays, catharsis becomes a key concept in the conception of ever new "Languages of Emotion".
Vöhler, M., Schönle, M. (Eds.) (2013). Catharsis in Vienna around 1900, Munich: Fink, 2013.
Vöhler, M. (2011). Tragedy. Corcilius, K., Rapp, C. (Eds.) Aristotle Handbook. 357-361. Stuttgart / Weimar: Metzler.
Vöhler, M. (2010). Catharsis. Grafton, A., Most, G.W., Settis, S. (Eds.). The Classical Tradition. 178-179. Cambridge, Mass. / London: Belknap Harvard, 2010.
Vöhler, M., Linck, D. (Eds.) (2009). Limits to Catharsis in Modern Arts. On the reception of the catharsis theorem since Jacob Bernays. Berlin / New York: de Gruyter.
Vöhler, M., Malinar, A. (Eds.) (2009). Impurity: Concepts and practices in a cultural comparison. Munich: Fink.
Vöhler, M., Malinar, A. (2009). Un / purity: Concepts and practices in a cultural comparison. Vöhler, M., Malinar, A. (Eds.). Un / purity: Concepts and practices in a cultural comparison. 9-18. Munich: Fink.
- Advantages of the rear brakes
- When did people start wearing polo shirts?
- Is the blood pressure normal in space?
- Which clauses are in the 14th amendment
- Which animals are not sensitive?
- What is modern school
- Why are you a venture capitalist
- Can Americans live in the UK?
- Why is downtown Charlotte, NC called Uptown
- What is your strategy to play chess
- What is rfid lock
- Like many regular readers, TechCrunch has
- Is Lagos a polluted city
- How did California end
- What is worse sodium or preservatives
- What is a proficiency test for career guidance
- Why is Ireland green
- What are the stock picks of Diwali 2016
- What is PayPal to me
- Can renewable energies meet global energy needs?
- Where does the DNA begin?
- What are inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitters
- Accepts Julian Assange emails
- Was Einstein interested in Wuenschel rods?