What are aluminum clad windows
Clad wooden windows with aluminum - is that possible?
The advantages of aluminum cladding
Wood aluminum windows are characterized by perfect weather protection and particularly high durability. Instead of replacing windows, existing wooden windows can simply be clad with aluminum profiles.
You can even do it yourself. The costs are many times lower than for a complete window replacement. There is no dust or dirt. After that, painting the wooden windows is no longer necessary.
Many manufacturers of aluminum profiles for window cladding also offer made-to-measure profiles. This is particularly important for windows outside of the usual window sizes. However, the costs for customization are significantly higher than for standard panels.
Conversely, it should be borne in mind that even if a window is exchanged, special dimensions are usually much more expensive than windows in standard sizes. The cost difference between window replacement and facing remains the same.
Type of fastening
You can easily attach the aluminum panels to the windows yourself. Neither special tools nor special knowledge are required for this. In any case, you should pay attention to a clean execution and then check the correct attachment.
The profiles are simply attached to the wooden windows with clips.
- not exact fit
- lack of ventilation
- Surface treatment of the aluminum profiles
Not an exact fit
As long as you use aluminum profiles from well-known quality manufacturers, this risk is very low. In the case of windows outside the usual standard dimensions, however, you should measure particularly carefully before ordering, as otherwise problems can arise here. As a customer, you are usually liable for measurement errors.
Lack of ventilation
The rear ventilation of the aluminum profiles is particularly important, as otherwise condensation can form behind the profiles, which will destroy the wooden windows in a very short time. A check after installation and, in case of doubt, a professional assessment, if necessary, rule out this expensive risk.
Surface treatment of the aluminum profiles
Here, too, you are almost always on the safe side with products from quality manufacturers. A clean powder coating is standard here, so that the durability of the profiles is also guaranteed.
- Should I be an election worker
- What are the restrictions on freedom
- What does it mean to be happy
- How good is it to migrate to Australia
- How much do scribes earn per hour
- Is quantum computing a threat to cybersecurity 1
- How do I stop bruxism
- It's easier to pull
- Where does the term warming up come from?
- What happens when the basic needs are met
- Which metals have very high melting points
- Do crystals really work
- How did Poland defeat Russia in 1921
- What are some guilty pleasures Bollywood movies
- What is the scope in the art group
- What is a false heart attack
- Are Agile and DevOps the same
- What's the newest contest and why
- What is a competitive archery strategy
- What is NSDL and CDSL
- Why not men who respect women
- How can I organize my readings
- What is an NFC tape
- How to calculate the gross margin calculator