Can someone have exorbitant behavior
The educational adjective exorbitant means something like "extraordinary", "enormous", "enormous" or "outside of the standard".
Opposite words to exorbitant are "usual" or "normal".
The adjective was borrowed from French in the 18th century. It's in Latin exorbitans, Present participle of the verb exorbitant (deviating from the track, deviating from the right path), too Latin orbita (Orbit).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ɛksʔɔʁbiˈtant]
The bank's interest rates are exorbitant high.
In the exorbitant It is visibly difficult for the athletes to achieve the desired, exorbitant Accomplish accomplishments.
Companies charge the prices they believe their customers will find justified. This mechanism is taken to extremes in the wine and art markets, where not only exorbitant Values, but also absurd rules.
- Harald Willenbrock, Why is a haircut for women more expensive than one for men ?, Brandeins, 02/2011
Grammar and inflection
|exorbitant||more exorbitant||most exorbitant|
|Feminine||exorbitant||more exorbitant||more exorbitant||exorbitant|
|Masculine||the exorbitant one||of the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant|
|Feminine||the exorbitant one||the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant one|
|neuter||the exorbitant||of the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant|
|Plural||the exorbitant ones||the exorbitant||the exorbitant||the exorbitant ones|
|Masculine||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||not an exorbitant one|
|Feminine||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one|
|neuter||not an exorbitant one||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||not an exorbitant one|
|Plural||no exorbitant ones||none exorbitant||not an exorbitant one||no exorbitant ones|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
immense - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
Renovation - The noun renovation generally denotes a repair, ...
controversial - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
disruptive - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase ...
compatible - content: meaning pronunciation usage examples increase and ...
- Which Retail Franchise Is Good In Mexico
- How difficult is it to learn Romansch
- Young developers should negotiate salaries
- How do the clairvoyants perform their tricks
- How do you track bearer notes
- What are some small and medium businesses
- Which is the largest NH in India
- How common are leadership horses
- CNG damages a car engine
- How does Venmo integrate into ACH
- What is the most romantic profession
- How is the Facebook web code base organized
- Is it unethical to make money on interest?
- Tesla and Einstein knew each other
- What mistakes do novice freelancers make
- What is courier agregator
- Why are there so many Indian YouTubers
- How many kinds of human love are there
- Why do Americans like to throw parties
- How attractive is BTS's Suga
- What is a proficiency test for career guidance
- What is a BJT transistor
- How does Cleverbot work
- What is C5H12 in chemistry