Why are flat earth chips no longer being produced?
Google Maps doesn't work - that's why
You can use Google Maps as navigation anywhere - whether on the PC or on the go via the app. If the service does not work, this may be due to an interrupted internet connection or incorrect settings. We'll tell you what you can do to make Google Maps work properly again.
Google Maps does not work on the PC - what should I do?
First of all, you should make sure that you have a constant internet connection.
- Google Maps is very complex, so a large amount of data is loaded, which can often lead to browser crashes.
- You can therefore try to delete the cookies.
- At the same time, it can help to clear the browser cache. Instructions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer can be found in further practical tips.
- If these tips don't help, you can use another browser. If Google Maps works there, you can assume that an incorrect configuration on the previous browser is responsible.
- Also make sure that you have the necessary software for the map service. To display Google Maps you need Adobe Flash Player and the latest version of DirectX.
- At the same time you should make sure that your browser as well as your graphics card and its drivers (or the entire system) are up to date and that all updates have been installed.
- Installed add-ons may block Google Maps. How to delete add-ons in Chrome or Firefox extensions is described in detail in further practical tips.
- Alternatively, you can try switching to Lite mode in Maps. To do this, click on the lightning bolt at the bottom right and select the option "Switch to lite mode". This is a simplified version of Maps.
Android: Google Maps doesn't work - that helps
You can also use maps on the go and set them up as a navigation device. Here we show you what you can do if the service does not work on Android:
- Try opening Google Maps when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Due to the large amount of data, loading times may be longer without WiFi.
- For the service to work properly, you should have the "GPS" function turned on when you start Maps.
- At the same time, you can check in the Play Store whether a new version of the Android app is available. If so, install it.
- It may help to clear the cache and the app's data once. To do this, go to "Settings" on your smartphone and then "Apps". Look for "Storage" and then select "Clear Cache". tap on it. At the same time, you can also "delete data" here.
- However, this process may also delete content such as offline maps. Then open the service again. All you have to do is do a small initial setup. Usually this should fix the problem.
- However, if this is not the case, uninstall the app via the "Settings". Then switch to the Play Store and then download the latest version onto your smartphone.
Maps doesn't work on iOS - you can do that
- You can also test the Maps app here after you have switched on the WiFi. You may not have enough mobile data available, which is why the service cannot start.
- The "GPS" function should also be switched on on the iPhone when you use Maps.
- Maybe there is also an update for Google Maps. You can check this in the App Store. If so, you should install it as soon as possible.
- On iOS, you can delete the data directly in the app. To do this, start the application and tap on the hamburger menu, i.e. the three lines in the top left. Here you call up the app settings via the gear symbol.
- Under "Info, data protection & conditions" you will find the option "Delete app data". This will delete cookies, cache and other data.
- If this doesn't help, you should completely uninstall Google Maps from your iPhone. To do this, you can long tap the app until an "X" appears. You then have to download the latest version from the app store and install it.
Do you already know the five best Easter Eggs on Google Maps? We'll tell you in another article.
- Must be buried Bokashi
- What happens to puppies in puppy mills
- How does the harvest of geothermal energy work
- What is God's remedy for sin?
- Instagram has a website
- What is life like on the DCRUST campus
- What are the array methods in JS
- What is the Skype app
- How can I redeem myself 1
- Where are magma chambers
- Are Kohler or American Standard toilets better
- How fast is 5g LTE
- How wrong is WWE
- What event happens every year in Florida
- Does the blood transfusion affect Jewish DNA
- Can hemp grow anywhere
- How are rye and whiskey different?
- Does Memrise not support learning English?
- Which is the best railroad coaching institute
- How did we make our life poor
- How can I make Rm 1000 days
- What do you know about Micro ATM
- Why can't you do the primary colors
- Who invented hydroponics