What is the purpose of content curation
Aggregated content (German: "accumulated content") is web content that is usually collected using tools and presented together on a website. The content covers a common topic and can come from different providers.
With software, a so-called content aggregator, content is obtained from several sources and published in one place. The best known examples are news aggregation pages. These collect press releases from various sources and publish them bundled on one page.
Pages with aggregated content tend to focus on thematic niches. Its aim is to provide users with the most up-to-date and relevant content in a specialized area.
Difference to curated content
In contrast to content aggregation, content curation intervenes editorially in the selection of the content. While aggregated content is compiled automatically, an editor selects the content according to certain criteria. A descriptive text may be added.
Benefits of aggregated content
Automatically compiled content offers advantages for agencies, companies, bloggers or online magazines. But aggregation pages also benefit the authors and rights holders of the content.
- Time-saving generation of content for social media: Aggregated content can be teased on the social media channels.
- Increase the reach of the content and the website: Often, aggregation pages are the first point of contact for users looking for information on the relevant topic. Therefore, the content on these pages receives a higher number of clicks than on the original page. The aggregation side has the potential to generate high traffic, which the operating company can use to increase awareness of its products.
- Establishment of expertise: A company or blogger can use content aggregation to expand and consolidate their position as experts within a niche.
- Why are China and India densely populated
- Einstein used more brain than Newton
- What is mineral apatite
- What is the future for atheism
- Vegan cheese is not a dairy
- What are some of the endangered tribes
- What is equipment capability
- How can I use EverNote effectively
- What music draws your attention
- Whatever happened to good old-fashioned problems
- Why is oxygen more reactive than hydrogen
- Prefer girls to blind dates
- How does copper have a high density
- What are two causes of the spread
- Night duty is harmful to health
- What do Wiccans believe
- Why do we want to feel good
- What is object association
- Who is Sara Lance
- What is the QualPwn Vulnerability
- How did JSON XML become obsolete
- Why don't boys like chubby girls
- What software is used to create this image
- Why don't the remnants blame themselves for Brexit