How should eggs look like
This is how you can create the perfect scrambled eggs
The perfect scrambled eggs? A pretty big promise, especially since preferences diverge here weeeeeiiit. My friend likes his scrambled eggs to be extra "thick" - that is, creamy, soft and still quite wobbly. For me, on the other hand, it has to be loose and airy, but not too dry. Semi-liquid egg mass, which over Sunday rollsrunning? Yuck! But bacon and fresh chives are welcome!
Creamy or fluffy - I've got you covered tons of tips and collected information about the egg dish, with which you can get your egg out of the pan exactly the way you like it best.
Table of Contents
Fitness Breakfast Or Calorie Bomb - How Healthy Are Scrambled Eggs?
With approximately 150 kcal per 100 grams The scrambled eggs beat a wheat roll (250 kcal / 100g) or pancakes (you don't want to know, you just want to enjoy it, right?). Provided you leave out extras like cheese, bacon or butter. Not only is it delicious for breakfast, it's also a quick, low-carb dinner. Slice in vegetables, put herbs on top, and that's it Low carb meal.
Eggs have fallen into a bit of a disrepute due to their relatively high cholesterol content. The yellow (and clear) egg is rich in many valuable vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamins A, D and E.
- Water-soluble B vitamins
- Calcium, phosphorus and iron
By the way, cholesterol is only found in egg yolks. So if you want to keep the cholesterol level low in addition to the calories, you can also get a pure one Egg white scrambled eggs prepare (approx. 50 kcal / 100 g).
So much for you the nutrients. But what about taste and texture? How does the egg become either sloppy or nicely fluffy? And what tips will help you with the preparation?
Light and airy or creamy - ingredients for perfect success
Hearty scrambled eggs with bacon and spinach
Sure, a scrambled egg basically only needs fresh eggs and spices to taste. But don't you have a few too Secret ingredientsthat turn it into the ultimate gourmet meal? Little extras in the list of ingredients can do a lot for the taste and texture of the egg dish:
- Water or milk: A dash of water or milk makes the egg mixture fluffier. How so? The increased proportion of water that evaporates when heated creates more and larger air cushions and thus an extra loose result.
- Cream or cold butter: Cream and butter contain a lot of fat and enrich the taste of the scrambled egg. You can also use cold butter cubes, which are added to the pan at the very end, to cool down the temperature and slow down the cooking process. The result: The mass becomes creamy and velvety with soft flakes of eggs.
- Salt: Not an insider tip, but a topic in itself. Some chefs recommend salting scrambled eggs at the end so they don't get dry or too compact. Others swear by salting the egg mixture when whisking it and letting it stand for a good 15-30 minutes in order to get a particularly creamy result. I've tested both variants and honestly can't tell the difference. On the other hand, temperature and cooking time are more decisive for the consistency. But we'll get to that later.
In addition to these basics, crispy bacon, spicy cheese or fresh herbs add that extra flavor. With lean chicken or crabs, mushrooms, tomatoes and other fresh vegetables, breakfast can easily be served as a healthy main course.
How to prepare scrambled eggs: tips and tricks
The right temperature
A really hot pan is not for sensitive eggs. Unless, of course, you like it firm, dry and tanned. If not, consider letting your pan get hot on low or medium heat.
- At Low heat the egg mixture stagnates slowly and can be moved extensively. Although it loses its fluffiness, it is particularly soft with small, fine flakes.
- Medium heat gets the water content in your scrambled eggs going. It evaporates and provides the much sought-after air cushions that make the result so nice and loose.
Whisk, stir, fold
Scrambled eggs means scrambled eggs because they are stirred: The degree and type of movement have a lasting effect on the texture of the scrambled egg flakes. Vigorous stirring will make them compact, small, and firmer. On the other hand, gently folding and pushing ensures a loose, airy consistency. The latter works best with a wide kitchen scraper. Alternatively, you can of course also use a spatula or whisk.
The right cooking time
If, like me, you don't like the puffy scrambled eggs, cooking time is a tricky topic for you. It may look a little raw, but scrambled eggs should be out of the pan and onto the plates when they're still shiny and moist. Don't worry, the scrambled eggs will continue to cook on the plates due to the residual heat. Airy scrambled eggs for 4 servings is after over medium heat about 2 minutes finished. The creamy variant needs, prepared over low heat and with constant stirring, with approx. 10-15 minutes a little longer.
The magical ratio of egg yolk to egg white
The rich counterpart to the light and calorie-conscious scrambled egg white is the egg mass with additional egg yolk. It provides an intense color, soft flakes and a particularly round and full taste. By the way: “Modernist Cuisine” author and kitchen nerd Nathan Myhrvold recommends a ratio of 1 egg yolk: 2 whole eggs.
Warm up scrambled eggs and freeze
Scrambled eggs taste best fresh out of the pan. Of course, you can also store leftovers from the previous evening in the refrigerator and reheat them. Frozen it remains stable, but the taste and consistency suffer when thawed and the dish is no longer particularly tasty afterwards.
The basic recipe for fluffy scrambled eggs
After so much “boring” theory, it is now time to practice with a simple basic recipe for fluffy scrambled eggs that you can refine according to your personal taste. For 4 servings you need:
8 large eggs
¾ teaspoon salt
3 tbsp whole milk
2 tbsp sweet cream butter
Do you have everything you need
Check off accessories and ingredients or go straight to the recipe.
Did it taste good?
Share this recipe with others or save it for later.
TIP: Control with buttons
It also works without a pan - scrambled eggs from the oven, microwave and Co.
Scrambled eggs from the oven
The scrambled eggs from the oven is a great way to feed a really large pack of scrambled eggs. Because the generous egg mixture is simply filled into a baking dish and baked in the oven at around 150-180 ° C (top and bottom heat). Depending on the size of the portion, the scrambled eggs from the oven are ready in about 15-25 minutes. The scrambled eggs gain volume as they bake, so only 2/3 fill the baking dish.
Airy scrambled eggs from the muffin pan.
A nice alternative to the large baking tin is the muffin tin, in which you can pre-portion the scrambled eggs. This is how it works: Spread the egg mixture and other extras (bacon, vegetables, herbs) evenly in the muffin pan and bake at 175 ° C for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Scrambled eggs prepared over the water bath
Creamy scrambled eggs prepared over a water bath.
The scrambled eggs, based on the French model, are prepared in a bowl over a low-boiling water bath and are constantly stirred. A little warning: this method takes time! Quality 15-20 minutes. You will be rewarded with a particularly creamy scrambled egg with fine flakes and a soft, velvety consistency.
Scrambled eggs from the microwave
Scrambled eggs from the microwave.
The scrambled eggs from the microwave are perfect for all those who don't like washing up or in a hurry, because they don't get the pan or baking pan dirty and are ready in just under 2 minutes. S.o does it work: Whisk eggs, spices and other ingredients in a microwave-safe container. The egg mixture should still have some space up in the container, as the scrambled eggs gain volume in the microwave. Place the container and egg mixture in the microwave and Heat at 600 watts for about 2 minutes. In between you can take a look at how the microwave scrambled eggs develop and mix them again with a fork. It is of course not as controlled and shapely as the old-school preparation, but it is quick, it is easy and brings loose scrambled eggs to the plate.
Make your year delicious!
With the Spring lane annual planner do you close your year 365 days of yum. Start whenever you want and record birthdays, appointments and new ideas on 300 pages. The integrated meal planner as well as creative cooking and baking projects with 60 recipes take you through everyday foodie week after week.Watch now
Scrambled egg recipes with and without eggs
- Which space shuttle exploded in 1981
- Is there a python book online
- What if the earth grew by 100?
- Commercial students can do a BSC Nursing
- When did people start wearing polo shirts?
- Training at infosys is very difficult
- How is Chilioi pronounced
- What if birds suddenly appeared?
- Schools these days emphasize correct English grammar
- How CEOs are paid out of equity
- Can people take CBD oil intravenously
- What sulfar is a polyatomic molecule
- Which book has the soul in focus?
- Why did the sexual revolution stop?
- Why is Facebook not creating an operating system
- What is binaural beats music
- How will I ever get over you
- What is sustainable investing
- The cold virus can cause stinging eyes
- What does this dream mean 11
- Is LiOH an Arrhenius base
- Why are people afraid to have a child?
- Street smart is seen as a skill
- What distinguishes red wine