Which country has higher income from tourism?
The 5 countries with the highest tourism revenues
The global tourism industry is booming. In emerging countries such as China in particular, the residents' disposable income and thus prosperity are increasing. The result: people travel more and more often.
Overall, international tourism increased by a further 7% to 1.32 billion foreign arrivals in 2017, according to current figures from the World Tourism Organization (UNTWO). The tourism organization assumes that the number of outbound travelers will reach 1.8 billion tourists in 2030.
The global tourism industry now employs more than 100 million people. Although France recorded the highest number of arrivals with 86.9 million foreign tourists, the USA continues to generate the highest tourism income. An overview of the 5 countries with the highest tourism income (as of 2017):
5. United Kingdom: Tourism income US $ 51.2
The UK is not in the top 10 most visited countries, but tourism revenue still rose 12.1% to US $ 51.2.
4. Thailand: tourism income US $ 57.5 billion
3 million more tourists visited Thailand in 2017. According to the report, industry in the region has benefited from improved infrastructure and visa exemptions for citizens of some countries. Total tourism revenue increased 13.1% to $ 57.5 billion.
3. France: tourism income US $ 60.7 billion
France has also long been one of the countries with the highest tourism revenues. With around 86.9 million foreign tourists per year, it is the most visited country in the world.
In addition to the Eiffel Tower, the great diversity of the natural areas is particularly attractive. In addition to Paris, the main attractions for tourists are the Côte d’Azur, the Loire Valley, the Atlantic coast and the southwest of France.
A further increase in visitor numbers ensures that France's tourism income continues to increase to 60.7 billion US dollars (+ 9% compared to the previous year).
2. Spain: tourism income US $ 68 billion
Spain is one of the most traveled countries in the world. Most recently, Spain was able to attract 81.8 million foreign tourists - a new record. Mallorca and the Balearic Islands are certainly among the most popular destinations for foreign tourists.
Since summer 2016 there has been a kind of "holiday tax" in Spain. This “tax for sustainable tourism” is between € 0.5 and € 2.0 per person per night. The income, which is estimated at € 50 million per year, should benefit the infrastructure. Overall, Spain's tourism income recently rose 10.1% to US $ 68 billion.
1. USA: tourism income US $ 210.7 billion
No country in the world has more tourism income than the USA. Although the USA receives slightly fewer visitors than France with almost 75.9 million foreign tourists, the country is well ahead of all other countries in the world in terms of tourism income (US $ 210.7 billion).
The reason for the tourism boom in the USA is not only the Big Apple (New York), but also the vast nature (Rocky Mountains) and the many beaches (Malibu Beach etc.). The numerous theme and amusement parks (Disneyland Resort) also act as a tourist magnet. Overall, tourism income in the USA recently increased by a further 1.9%.
Apple and Facebook surprise with spectacular balance sheet data The accounting season in the USA is currently in full swing: Many companies have already submitted their data, others will follow. But this week, two tech values in particular stand out with spectacular… ›read more
- What are the secrets of Indian hair care
- Why does the groundwater not evaporate
- What is the difference between server cloud hosting
- What Are Some Good Biotech Software
- The future looks bleak for Zynga
- What are the main goals of Rotaract
- Automation Why is technical writing so automatable?
- What's the best nickname for Ella
- What is the plural of lanthanum
- How will cyberpunk be in 2077
- What is the future of the world
- What is a DCT dual clutch transmission
- Which plastics are safe for food storage
- How is the best wine made
- Which clinic offers the best IUI treatment?
- Can resetting Windows 10 fix the BSOD
- How old is this company
- Why are religions freed from facts
- What is BRD in business analysis
- How old is tommy lee
- Which is better LNMIIT or DAIICT
- What is the name of Android 7 0
- Why are Lao sandwiches called Khao Jee
- Which language is likely to replace English
- How can I optimize my code
- What distinguishes red wine
- Are Israel and Judah still divided?
- Why do people form questions
- Should a newbie choose AWS or Salesforce
- Why do you love baseball
- What is the most powerful Glock
- Causes Depo Provera homosexuality in animals
- Is Eminem too old