Which cities are considered Los Angeles
Greater Los Angeles Area
As Greater Los Angeles Area is the name of the metropolitan area around the Californian city of Los Angeles. After the New York Metropolitan Area, "Greater L. A." is the second largest metropolitan area in the United States. Around 18 million people live here, which is 3½ times as many as in the Ruhr area.
The metropolitan area is located in a large basin on the edge of the Santa Monica Bay, surrounded by numerous mountain ranges, valleys, forests, the Pacific Ocean and nearby deserts.
Greater Los Angeles is one of the most important North American centers for culture, business and international trade. It is also the center of the film and media industry.
Counties and cities
- Ventura County: Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Ventura
- San Bernardino County: San Bernardino, Fontana, Rancho Cugamonga, Ontario, Rialto, Highland
- Riverside County: Riverside, Moreno Valley, Corona, Murrierita, Temecula
- Los Angeles County: Los Angeles, Long Beach, Glendale, Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Palmdale, Pomona, Torrance, Pasadena, El Monte, Downey, Inglewood, West Covina, Norwalk, Burbank, Santa Monica
- Orange County: Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, Huntingdon Beach, Garden Grove, Orange, Fullerton, Costa Mesa
Of these, the following are relevant for tourism:
- Beverly Hills / West Hollywood - two separate cities that are completely enclosed by Los Angeles. Beverly Hills is the residential area of the rich and famous, movie stars and musicians. Characterized by villas and palm trees, it is definitely worth driving through here. West Hollywood is best known for the Sunset Strip with its numerous bars and nightclubs.
- Santa Monica - Miles of sandy beaches, extremely popular due to its central location to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles International Airport, etc.
- . The largest and most important international airport in Los Angeles in the west. There are direct connections with Lufthansa from Frankfurt am Main and Munich. All American and international airlines have Los Angeles in their programs, but often only transfer connections are offered from Germany. Last change: no information
- . Burbank Airport is connected to downtown via the metro link and is closer to Hollywood and Beverly Hills than LAX. Southwest flies to Burbank from many airports in the west. JetBlue has a daily non-stop connection from New York. Last change: not specified
- . It is also possible to take a longer route to the Long Beach airport (approx. 40 km south of LA center). B. is served by the low-cost airline JetBlue - only domestic American flights. Last change: no information
- ,. last change: not specified
On the street 
With the ship 
automobile: The entire Los Angeles region is criss-crossed by a highways system that is as dense as it is overcrowded. If you are unfamiliar with the area, you should have a good map to hand. The car is unavoidable for long journeys or even trips to the periphery, but the time required can differ considerably from the estimated time. If you should even get the idea of driving in rush hour, expect traffic similar to that on Friday afternoons on Germany's autobahns, just on ten lanes. Sometimes it is faster for vehicles with at least two occupants on the so-called Car Pool Lanes (HOV).
On foot: As in any city, Los Angeles is best explored on foot, but the enormous distances in Los Angeles have to be taken into account - and an address on the same street does not mean that you can get from point A to point B on foot within a day !
Local public transport: Now a real alternative in Los Angeles, especially in the actual city area. The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority operates all lines under the term metro circulate. This includes a relatively small but growing subway network (which mainly connects downtown with the south as well as northern Hollywood and Pasadena) and a well-developed bus system. A day ticket is quite cheap at US $ 5 (a week ticket costs US $ 20) and is valid for all lines of the Metro company Municipal However, there are surcharges for buses, as well as for some express buses that run on highways. A long bus trip can be quite an experience, as the composition of passengers changes over longer distances to the same extent as the urban areas traveled through.
- ,. The 3rd Street Promande pedestrian zone is extremely rare in America, but no less popular. From Wilshire Blvd to Santa Monica Place (Mall), built by Frank O. Gery, there are numerous shops and restaurants, which on average are a bit more individual than the average American mall. Last change: no information
- . . is a typical mixed salad. It is said to have been invented in 1937 in the Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood. The owner Robert H. Cobb is said to have put it together from various components as an emergency solution. The salad consists of the following ingredients: lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, fried bacon, fried chicken breast, boiled eggs, blue cheese, spring onions, often black olives, sweet peppers or artichoke hearts. Cobb Salad Dressing, a heavily spiced vinaigrette, is served with it. Last change: no detailsType is group designation
- . The Sunset Strip is one of the most famous nightlife spots in Los Angeles. It is located in West Hollywood on Sunset Boulevard and is bounded by Doheny Drive to the west and Crescent Heights Boulevard to the east. In addition to restaurants and boutiques, the party-goer will find a variety of rock clubs here. Some of them are or have been owned by Hollywood stars (e.g. The Viper Room, 8852 Sunset Boulevard). Even if the parking spaces are not exactly cheap and there is a risk of traffic jams, it is not exactly advisable to take the bus to and from here. On the one hand for reasons of safety, on the other hand because the buses are not necessarily reliable. Last change: no informationType is group designation
Emergency call: 911
Los Angeles is a relatively safe city during the day, but it's better to move around familiar areas in the dark. Two rules of thumb can be used as a guide:
- The closer you are to the coast, the safer the areas are. Regardless of this, you should avoid the direct beach areas at night (also applies to Venice Beach).
- In the northern areas it can be said that everything west (towards the coast) of Interstate 110 (Long Beach – Pasadena) is one of the so-called safe areas. The areas to the east should not be explored as a pedestrian, at least at night. Whereby you have to say that as a pedestrian you are always suspicious outside the tourist areas of LA (even during the day) and are viewed with suspicion because nobody actually covers even short distances on foot in the Autostadt LA.
Cities and districts that should be avoided
- During the day and in any case at night, the homeless district of Skid Row (the area is delimited by Main Street, 3rd Street, Alameda Street and 7th Street) should be avoided, after sunset also Venice Beach (parking is generally prohibited there after sunset anyway all parking spaces).
- Inglewood / Compton / Lynwood / Lomitas / Watts / South Central: the whole area south of the center including Watts and Compton can only be safely passed through highways or freeways (for tourists - not for locals, who do not attract attention). According to the locals, Compton (that's roughly between Rosecrans Ave. and Gardena Fwy (71) and Avalon Blvd. and Long-Beach Fwy (I710)) is one of the most dangerous cities in the United States.
- The area around Terminal Island and the Long Beach docks (but not Long Beach Downtown - it's safe).
Practical advice 
Postal codes: 90001 to 90103, 90174, 90185, 90189, 90230, 91331, 91335.
The suburbs of Malibu and Pacific Palisades are worth visiting. Farther east are Palm Springs and Joshua Tree National Park; to the south of La Jolla and San Diego.
Web links 
- Why is Python so popular now
- How can the word be interpreted poetically
- Should a dropper do JEE Advanced Coaching
- What does the queen look like
- Can you subdivide and how well
- Is the ideology of communism dead
- How does the Eventbrites payment method work?
- What is the most underrated Microsoft product
- Why are guitarists waving their guitars
- Are hybrid cars worth the extra efficiency?
- What games help children learn
- What describes the conditioning form
- How do I make a creative content
- Is RO water beneficial to humans
- TD Ameritrade is good for beginners
- What are your novels translated into Tamil
- What kind of natural supplements will increase confidence
- What qualifies as avant-garde poetry
- Which is better Capegemini or HCL
- Who is the best hematologist in India
- Electrical tape can catch fire
- What is a business capital
- People are the best animals
- Everything is made of materials