What is jealousy, love, insecurity, or both
Fighting jealousy: This is how you get rid of the excruciating feeling
Forms of jealousy
Films and series have given us a very dramatic picture of jealousy. In reality, jealousy usually has little to do with stalking, brutal acts of revenge or mountains of laundry that fly out of the window. Jealousy can be very different. Dr. Wolfgang Krüger, psychotherapist and author from Berlin, distinguishes between three forms of jealousy1.
Most people have probably already experienced the mild form of jealousy. It only occurs occasionally and mostly relates to specific situations. For example, when he meets with his ex. You actually know that there is nothing to worry about, but there is still this uncomfortable feeling in the stomach. Most of the time, the worries evaporate quickly without putting any great strain on the relationship or the partner. This form of jealousy is still considered healthy.
It is different with the middle form of jealousy. The affected person feels a permanent feeling of worry here. Even the smallest occasion is enough to arouse uncertainty: a casual conversation with the neighbor, a long phone call with a colleague. Incidentally, this often conceals self-doubt and low self-esteem.
With the massive form of jealousy, the whole thing increases again: You are permanently jealous. Every behavior of the loved one is observed with suspicion, the most normal situation is blamed for infidelity. Secretly checking WhatsApp messages and e-mails as well as spying on them can be part of this. In this case, jealousy is very pronounced and is difficult to justify rationally.
Men and women are jealous differently
When it comes to jealousy, men and women are very different. According to David M. Buss, professor of psychology at the University of Texas, this is evolutionary. According to this, men are especially afraid of sexual infidelity, while women are emotionally jealous - they are afraid that their partner could fall in love again. Evolutionary biologists generally assume that jealousy is in our genes. Men have wanted to make sure that their genetic makeup is passed on from time immemorial. Women or mothers, on the other hand, want their child to receive the necessary care from the father.
- Can you prove you have a migraine
- Picking your skin can cause myopia
- Which German universities of applied sciences accept TOEFL results?
- Which Hyperledger project do you recommend learning
- Why is the Apple HomePod so expensive
- What does the Telugu word Praanam mean
- Can repair Avast Free Edition Ransomware
- Joe Biden is the Manchurian candidate
- The food stays fresh in the vacuum
- How can I interact with people I don't know
- Who were the Pindaris
- Where was aluminum invented?
- Guidance is an overused term
- When should one e.g. versus i.e.
- Where are you wandering now
- How can chilies be improved
- Why are the neighbors lacking friendship?
- How is glass blown
- What motivates you not to be lazy?
- Should Facebook give young children access
- What's the problem with Akbarudeen Owaisi
- Ever used in computer programming
- What are the environmental impacts of satellites
- Where can I sell a PUBG account
- How to clean a tragus piercing
- What is the unit number in 111
- Which plastics are safe for food storage
- Why are horses so expensive
- Some topics should be banned on Quora
- What is a raw materials economy
- How do I activate my Chanqya account
- What is macro trading
- How can I find meaning again
- What are some key Kubernetes concepts